Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: Kristofferson tribute due in October

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 30, 2002
      --On Tuesday, July 30, 2002 11:51 AM -0400 Steve Gardner
      <steve@...> wrote:

      > my favorite cut off that Nashville CD
      > is by Tolan McNeil. At the time I'd never heard of him, but since then
      > I've seen his name pop up a few times around the Vancouver music scene.
      > We just got the new Carolyn Mark CD in the mail and he does a duet with
      > her on the record. I just love the guy's voice. I hope he does an album
      > of his own someday (if he has already, and I'm just clueless, let me
      > know.)

      I don't know him either; maybe he has something out on Mint? How is the
      Carolyn Mark disc? Does it sound much like the Corn Sisters?

      Carl Z.
    • Steve Gardner
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 30, 2002
        >I don't know him either; maybe he has something out on Mint? How is the
        >Carolyn Mark disc? Does it sound much like the Corn Sisters?

        I'm wondering if he's more of a techy guy or something because he
        co-produced Carolyn's new disc. Carolyn's new disc sounds really good. I
        like her style, but I've sometimes had a little bit of a problem with her
        voice. I just don't always like the sound of it. But on this album I think
        she sounds better (or at least more to my liking.) If I were rating it on a
        5 star scale I'd give it a 3.5 or 4...and I'd give her last solo album a 2.5
        or a 3. So that's good.

        It doesn't really sound like the Corn Sisters too much...it's a little more
        uptown, with lots of the disc sounding a bit like country lounge music (and
        I mean that in a good way.)

        steve