Ubu covers

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2003
      There was an Ubu cover lp. I've got a couple of tracks from it on the
      CLE cd that came with the mag with the band history in.
      I think the same cd has Laughing Jets by the Electric Eels and Ubu's
      take on Pushing too hard.

      Was initially going to say that Laughing by Ubu off the Modern DAnce
      lp is a cover of Terrence Malick's Badlands. Or at least the lyrics
      are, the scene where the couple are in the woods camping out or
      something.

      Finally read Easy Riders and Raging Bulls last week. I've had it for
      like 2 or 3 years just never read it.
      not as bad as the 7 years that I've had the Tim Pat Coogan Michael
      Collins thing and only read it right through this morning.
      Now for Religion and the DEcline of Magic by kevin thomas
      and A new Voyage Round the world by William Dampier.
      top that off with the Subtrerranean Kerouac mayhap
      Fun Fun fun fun
      Stevo
      Np Fit&LImo Glockenspiel