PLAYLIST: Fear & Whiskey 7/28/03

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 50 , Jul 28, 2003
      Here's the playlist for tonight's episode of Fear & Whiskey, heard from
      7-9pm on 88.3fm in Pittsburgh and <http://www.wrct.org> over the internet.
      This was my final show at WRCT, and I tried to play some of my favorite
      songs over the 8+ years I've been fortunate enough to have the opportunity
      to broadcast from Pittsburgh's finest station. (To make the most of the
      two hours -- and to drown out the sound of a malfunctioning fire alarm in
      the building -- I played some of my favorite instrumentals at the end of
      each set for my voiceovers.) You can find many of the playlists from past
      years at <http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~cz28/fear.html>, at least for a little
      while.

      The fearnwhiskey discussion group keeps chugging along at
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fearnwhiskey/>, covering a range of music
      similar to the blend I've tried to present on the air. To subscribe, send
      email to <fearnwhiskey-subscribe@yahoogroups.com>.

      Paul Nelson (a.k.a. the Mockster, a.k.a. Karl Rimzing) takes over the
      airwaves next Monday from 7-9pm. Tune in; I will if I have an internet
      connection established in my new home in the upper peninsula of Michigan.
      Not much else to say, other than thank you for listening!

      Carl

      ARTIST / SONG
      henry threadgill / i can't wait until i get home

      yo la tengo / tom courtenay
      silkworm / never met a man i didn't like
      hüsker dü / eight miles high
      karl hendricks trio / thank go we have limes
      chris brokaw / kind ferdinand

      ass ponys / kung fu reference
      joel phelps / at el paso
      chills / house with a hundred rooms
      run on / anything you say
      paul kelly / you can't take it with you
      booker t. & the mgs / time is tight

      giant sand / dusted
      neko case / guided by wire
      waco brothers / walking on hell's roof looking at the flowers
      dallas wayne / i hit the road (and the road hit back)
      lefty frizzell / if you've got the money i've got the time
      robbie fulks / she took a lot of pills (and died)
      camper van beethoven / zz top goes to egypt

      grifters / eureka iv
      uncle tupelo / looking for a way out
      van morrison / astral weeks
      steve wynn / sustain
      holly golightly / your love is mine
      hurl / reclipse/d

      lyle lovett / if i had a boat
      jack logan / escape clause
      drive-by truckers / 18 wheels of love
      alejandro escovedo / gravity/falling down again/street hassle
      peter jefferies/jono lonie / piano (two)

      peter jefferies / ghostwriter
      warren zevon / don't let us get sick
      american music club / jesus' hands
      scenic /dronia

      mekons / chivalry
      [The song that gave this show its name was my planned last song, however...]
      savage republic / he year of exile
      [...the live show was late starting, allowing me to play my favorite
      instrumental.]
    • Stevo
      Message 50 of 50 , Aug 1, 2003
        --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Perfect Sound Forever
        <perfect@f...> wrote:
        > Tricky always does rap covers.

        or Goth ones -Siouxsie on Nearly God
        Love Cats on the latest one.
        pretty fearsome live too totally posessed trance out on the live
        video I took off tv a few years back. Wish I had a player that'd
        handle that double speed lp recording though
        Stevo
        Np Yat-Kha Voyager

        My fave is probably the PE one ("Cold