Einsturzende Neubauten

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7 10:35 AM
      I've just been looking at the Neubauten mail order site to see the
      new self-released versions of the cds.
      http://www.neubauten.org

      or
      http://www.neubauten.org/mailorder

      It looks like the band got ripped off by another guy with my name.
      NB I'm not the geezer that Coil have a curse on, that's the ex-Soft
      Cell manager guy from Some Bizarre.
      Stevo
      Np Gira/Matz What We Did Stitches
      (this lp might well appeal to many here)
    • Stevo
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2004
        just saw Neubauten last weekend playing their first ever Irish gig.
        I was very tempted to pick up and go to Paris and Turkey, though I
        dunno how I'd've managed the cost.
        They are very much on form. this was the first time I'd seen the
        newer line-up. I think first time I saw them at all in 14 years.

        Now for the main point of this posting. They are recording each
        night's gig and releasing the recording as a double cdr at the end of
        the show. I stupidly waited until the crowd around the merchandising
        stall died down before trying to buy one, only to find out that there
        were only 80 copies made so it was sold out.
        I dunno if they'd've taken payment before the things became
        physically available or not. wish I'd've asked.

        Just thunk i'd point that out cos they're about to head to the US and
        will probably have the same set up.

        tour dates are here, US dates at bottom of page
        http://makeashorterlink.com/?J316216F7
        Stevo
        Np Golden Dawn Power Plant A Nice Surprise
      • Catherine Lewis
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 9, 2004
          Stevo said:
          > Now for the main point of this posting. They are recording each
          > night's gig and releasing the recording as a double cdr at the end of
          > the show. I stupidly waited until the crowd around the merchandising
          > stall died down before trying to buy one, only to find out that there
          > were only 80 copies made so it was sold out.

          I've heard of several bands that do three -- some bands (Primus?) make 'em
          available on their site w/in 3 days or so, w/ full color artwork, for like
          10 bucks.

          Last week, I reviewed a Train concert here in DC -- they were playing 2
          sets (no opening band), and as everyone filed out of the club at the end
          of the night, we were all handed a recording of the band's first set.
          Cool little party favor if you're a fan, especially since fans had to pay
          $35 for tickets. For me, it was a handy little crib-sheet to help me
          write my review at the end of the night. :)

          Catherine.
        • Bob Soron
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 9, 2004
            On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 10:30am, Catherine Lewis wrote:
            > Stevo said:
            >> Now for the main point of this posting. They are recording each
            >> night's gig and releasing the recording as a double cdr at the end of
            >> the show. I stupidly waited until the crowd around the merchandising
            >> stall died down before trying to buy one, only to find out that there
            >> were only 80 copies made so it was sold out.
            >
            > I've heard of several bands that do three -- some bands (Primus?) make
            > 'em
            > available on their site w/in 3 days or so, w/ full color artwork, for
            > like
            > 10 bucks.

            About half of the shows Buddy Guy did at his club here last January are
            available from piratebootlegs.com (authorized and apparently Guy is one
            of their very few clients right now). A local DJ has played a few cuts,
            and they sound much better than even a soundboard recording -- they may
            be playing off the whole bootleg thing, but they seem to be doing a good
            job on production. (Now, if they just get someone more interesting to
            sign up...)

            NP: cubs 1, braves 1, top of the 13th... Maybe I'll see what simpsons
            rerun is on

            Bob