Fw: Willie Nelson/Dennis Kucinich

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2003
      P2ers have seen this, but I can't resist forwarding it here. -CZ

      ***

      WILLIE NELSON ENDORSES CONGRESSMAN
      DENNIS KUCINICH FOR PRESIDENT

      One of the most beloved figures in popular music and culture is
      endorsing the populist candidate, Dennis Kucinich.

      Statement from Willie Nelson
      "I am endorsing Dennis Kucinich for President because he stands up for
      heartland Americans who are too often overlooked and unheard. He has
      done that his whole political career. Big corporations are
      well-represented in Washington, but Dennis Kucinich is a rare
      Congressman of conscience and bravery who fights for the unrepresented,
      much like the late Senator Paul Wellstone. Dennis champions individual
      privacy, safe food laws and family farmers. A Kucinich Administration
      will put the interests of America's family farmers, consumers and
      environment above the greed of industrial agribusiness.

      "I normally do not get too heavily involved in politics, but this is
      more about getting involved with America than with politics. I
      encourage people to learn more about Dennis Kucinich at
      http://www.kucinich.us and I will be doing all I can to raise his
      profile with voters. I plan to do concerts to benefit the campaign."

      (This is an individual endorsement and does not reflect the views of any
      organization.)
      --

      "It's an honor," commented Rep. Kucinich, "to earn the support of a man
      who has come to symbolize the best values of America." Kucinich is a