Re: Van

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 2, 2003
      --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Carl Abraham Zimring <cz28@a...>
      wrote:

      > I'd avoid, at least unless you can't keep scratching the itch, the
      > following:
      > Avalon Sunset

      is this the one with the Chieftains? I've got a video of that
      collaboration that I took off British tv in the late 80s and probably
      haven't watched since about then. Was going to ask about that.
      (Reminds me I don't think I asked over here if that Proper Farewell
      to Ireland set was any cop ?)

      > Hard Nose the Highway

      This is the lp where Van covers Kermit the Frog innit? 'Being Green'?
      Stevo
    • Lance Davis
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 3, 2003
        I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice this, but the flute
        part on Out On The Road gives the song a heavy Astral Weeks
        flavor. Of course, there's no hair on fire vocal gymnastics, but
        it does have that late night quietude about it.

        LD

        =====
        "Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit."
        --Somerset Maugham

        http://sbc.yahoo.com