Re: Van

  • Stevo
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 2, 2003
      --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, "Marty Lederman"
      <marty.lederman@c...> wrote:
      > I'd start with Astral Weeks, Moondance, , the double live record
      (It's Too Late to Stop Now),

      Did
      I said I had a couple.
      I'll have to grab the others you mentioned.
      Does he have a cut of point for anybody?

      Always did love the Them stuff too, I've got the 2cd that's pretty
      much everything.noticed the last time i was looking at it that Eric
      Bell the foundr Thin lizzy geezer was in the band for a few moments.
      I think that Van wrote some of the best ever falling out of love
      songs in Them. I'll probably be corrected.
      Stevo
      Np Duke Ellington Crescendo in blue
    • Lance Davis
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 3, 2003
        I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice this, but the flute
        part on Out On The Road gives the song a heavy Astral Weeks
        flavor. Of course, there's no hair on fire vocal gymnastics, but
        it does have that late night quietude about it.

        LD

        =====
        "Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit."
        --Somerset Maugham

        http://sbc.yahoo.com