Re: [fearnwhiskey] Fillmore Byrds review

  • Lance Davis
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 2 10:41 AM
      So, you think you can bring up Clarence and not have me drop in
      my two cents? Wrong again. Clarence White is the most publicly
      underrated guitarist of the 20th century. Revolutionized
      bluegrass guitar playing and acoustic flatpicking, then
      revolutionized electric guitar playing in . How many other
      guitarists can say that? Zero, that's how many.

      Wall, what the hell is going on? Long time no talk. Love the
      Byrds @ Fillmore West review -
      http://www.twangzine.com/rev/rev-byrds.html Yep, it appears
      that you, me, and a few others are the chief functionaries in
      the Cult of Clarence. Have you head the Tuff & Stringy disc yet?
      It was put out by Ace in London and covers CW's session work
      from 1966-68. There's 26 tracks in all, including two by the
      electrified New Kentucky Colonels which is probably some of
      Clarence's earliest recorded work on the electric. They also put
      out that Guilbeau & Parsons disc last year which has CW's
      pull-string godhead all over it. BTW, according to Gene Parsons
      in the liner notes of Tuff & Stringy, he worked on the original
      B-Bender while Clarence was at the Sweetheart of the Rodeo
      sessions!

      > > Pretty good review of the Byrds live at the Fillmore
      > > methinks http://www.twangzine.com/rev/rev-byrds.html
      >
      > Does Jeff Wall like Clarence White? I had no idea! Harassing
      > him to come on over here is encouraged.
      >
      > Carl Z.

      =====
      "Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit."
      --Somerset Maugham

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Nina Melechen
      Message 46 of 46 , Jul 3 1:45 PM
        --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, "Barry Mazor" <brmaz@e...> wrote:
        > Cat Stevens?
        > >

        > He could't help it that he sounded like the Jetson's dog. Really.

        Yeah, well, he could have helped it that he was a condescending
        anti-feminist prick. Oh, wait, he's *still* a condescending
        anti-feminist prick. Never mind.

        Nina M.