Re: [fearnwhiskey] Steve Wynn

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 142 , Jul 2, 2003
      --On Wednesday, July 2, 2003 4:27 PM +0000 arsenault_marie
      <marsen02@...> wrote:

      > Is the US version the same as the one released in Europe? I need to
      > buy a *real* copy of Static Transmission. Just wondering if I should
      > get the US or European version.

      The US version will feature the same three bonus tracks found on the
      European version, plus five additional tracks. It will lack the videos on
      the European version, which include an abbreviated "Amphetamine". (Blue
      Rose will issue an EP of the five additional tracks for those who bought
      the European album and want all the tracks without duplication.)

      > That's a nice article in NoDep on Steve Wynn. I would have loved to
      > hear him talk more about his live shows, though. As much as I love
      > the last two records, I really think that live performances are what
      > he's all about. He's just freakin' amazing live.

      He is -- or I should say they are, as that band smokes. Wish they toured
      the US more often.

      Message 142 of 142 , Apr 26, 2006
        Culled from ICE.
        <http://icemagazine.com/dates/228/release.asp>

        new releases
        may 02

        Current 93 Black Ships Ate the Sky (guest vocals by Marc Almond,
        Antony, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Shirley Collins and more) (Durtro)

        Danko Jones Sleep Is the Enemy (Razor & Tie)

        Alejandro Escovedo The Boxing Mirror (produced by John Cale) (Back
        Porch/Narada/EMI)

        Roy Hargrove Quintet Nothing Serious (w/Slide Hampton) (Verve)

        Pearl Jam Pearl Jam (J Records)

        vault releases
        may 02

        Albert King Complete at Montreux (Stax)

        Renaissance British Tour '76 (previously unreleased) (MLP)

        DVD Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'N' Roll (Chronicles)