Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: Van

  • Marty Lederman
    Message 1 of 36 , Jul 2, 2003
      I'd start with Astral Weeks, Moondance, St. Dominic's Preview, the double live record (It's Too Late to Stop Now), Veedon Fleece (as close to "out there" and mysterious as anything other than AW), and, especially, Into the Music.
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 3, 2003
        I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice this, but the flute
        part on Out On The Road gives the song a heavy Astral Weeks
        flavor. Of course, there's no hair on fire vocal gymnastics, but
        it does have that late night quietude about it.

        LD

        =====
        "Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit."
        --Somerset Maugham

        http://sbc.yahoo.com