Re: Re: not a playlist check out: terrific new Clem Snide "Soft Spot" CD

  • Perfect Sound Forever
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
      > Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:30:13 -0400 (EDT)
      > From: Rob Jefferson <jeffer@...>
      > Subject: Re: Re: not a playlist check out: terrific new Clem Snide "Soft Spot" CD
      >
      > On a related note, Pitchfork has provided the world with a deliciously
      > brutal review of said Clem Snide album:
      >
      > http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/clem-snide/soft-spot.shtml

      Good reivew. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who doesn't like the
      Snide CD.

      Even when their first one came out, I wondered "what the hell are they
      doing that Camper Van Beethoven didn't already do much better over a
      decade ago?"

      Best,
      Jason
      --
      Perfect Sound Forever
      online music magazine with warped perspectives
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
        I love Clem Snide. Always have. I am disappointed in the new one, though.

        And I'm really disappointed that they are using street teams in this manner. Street Teams don't have to be bad (ie deceptive).

        steve
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
          --On Wednesday, July 2, 2003 10:08 AM -0400 Steve Gardner
          <steve@...> wrote:

          > I love Clem Snide. Always have. I am disappointed in the new one, though.

          The new one doesn't do much for me either, but I can't hate a band that
          gives me an opportunity to air a song called "The Junky Jews". Only Fats
          Waller's "Cash for Your Trash" comes as close to discussing my research
          area.

          > And I'm really disappointed that they are using street teams in this
          > manner. Street Teams don't have to be bad (ie deceptive).

          Keep this in mind record peoples! Steve is the Irving Azoff of bluegrass
          and can buy and sell you all day long.* Play nice.

          *only a foot taller. And blond.