Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: not a playlist check out: terrific new Clem Snide "Soft Spot" CD

  • Rob Jefferson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1 7:30 AM
      On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, samchecker wrote:

      > Hey, the Clem Snide street team has arrived! Did you get a new T-shirt
      > for this or just an invite to a "very special" listening party?

      On a related note, Pitchfork has provided the world with a deliciously
      brutal review of said Clem Snide album:

      http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/clem-snide/soft-spot.shtml

      Enjoy!

      rob
    • Dave Purcell
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1 7:44 AM
        Rob Jefferson wrote:

        > On a related note, Pitchfork has provided the world with a deliciously

        > brutal review of said Clem Snide album:

        Thanks, Rob. That's wonderful. I hate Clem Snide. A lot. I hated them
        even before Eef was a massive dick during a soundcheck when a band I was
        in opened. I used to use this spray mixture and a spackling blade to
        remove wallpaper, now I just play that whiney fucker's voice and it
        comes right off.

        dp
      • Perfect Sound Forever
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2 6:25 AM
          > Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:30:13 -0400 (EDT)
          > From: Rob Jefferson <jeffer@...>
          > Subject: Re: Re: not a playlist check out: terrific new Clem Snide "Soft Spot" CD
          >
          > On a related note, Pitchfork has provided the world with a deliciously
          > brutal review of said Clem Snide album:
          >
          > http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/clem-snide/soft-spot.shtml

          Good reivew. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who doesn't like the
          Snide CD.

          Even when their first one came out, I wondered "what the hell are they
          doing that Camper Van Beethoven didn't already do much better over a
          decade ago?"

          Best,
          Jason
          --
          Perfect Sound Forever
          online music magazine with warped perspectives
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2 7:08 AM
            I love Clem Snide. Always have. I am disappointed in the new one, though.

            And I'm really disappointed that they are using street teams in this manner. Street Teams don't have to be bad (ie deceptive).

            steve
            > Hey, the Clem Snide street team has arrived! Did you get a new T-shirt
            > for this or just an invite to a "very special" listening party?

            On a related note, Pitchfork has provided the world with a deliciously
            brutal review of said Clem Snide album:

            http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/clem-snide/soft-spot.shtml

            Enjoy!

            rob

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Carl Abraham Zimring
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2 7:51 AM
              --On Wednesday, July 2, 2003 10:08 AM -0400 Steve Gardner
              <steve@...> wrote:

              > I love Clem Snide. Always have. I am disappointed in the new one, though.

              The new one doesn't do much for me either, but I can't hate a band that
              gives me an opportunity to air a song called "The Junky Jews". Only Fats
              Waller's "Cash for Your Trash" comes as close to discussing my research
              area.

              > And I'm really disappointed that they are using street teams in this
              > manner. Street Teams don't have to be bad (ie deceptive).

              Keep this in mind record peoples! Steve is the Irving Azoff of bluegrass
              and can buy and sell you all day long.* Play nice.

              *only a foot taller. And blond.