Re: not a playlist check out: terrific new Clem Snide "Soft Spot" CD

  • samchecker
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
      --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, "yoyoguy1a" <de@t...> wrote:
      > terrific new Clem Snide "Soft Spot" CD
      >
      > Hi Friends,
      >
      > Clem Snide (http://www.clemsnide.com) NY's favorite urban
      > art-country moodswingers, released their fourth record "Soft
      > Spot" last week.

      Hey, the Clem Snide street team has arrived! Did you get a new T-shirt
      for this or just an invite to a "very special" listening party?

      Mark
    • Rob Jefferson
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
        On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, samchecker wrote:

        > Hey, the Clem Snide street team has arrived! Did you get a new T-shirt
        > for this or just an invite to a "very special" listening party?

        On a related note, Pitchfork has provided the world with a deliciously
        brutal review of said Clem Snide album:

        http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/clem-snide/soft-spot.shtml

        Enjoy!

        rob
      • Dave Purcell
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2003
          Rob Jefferson wrote:

          > On a related note, Pitchfork has provided the world with a deliciously

          > brutal review of said Clem Snide album:

          Thanks, Rob. That's wonderful. I hate Clem Snide. A lot. I hated them
          even before Eef was a massive dick during a soundcheck when a band I was
          in opened. I used to use this spray mixture and a spackling blade to
          remove wallpaper, now I just play that whiney fucker's voice and it
          comes right off.

          dp
        • Perfect Sound Forever
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
            > Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:30:13 -0400 (EDT)
            > From: Rob Jefferson <jeffer@...>
            > Subject: Re: Re: not a playlist check out: terrific new Clem Snide "Soft Spot" CD
            >
            > On a related note, Pitchfork has provided the world with a deliciously
            > brutal review of said Clem Snide album:
            >
            > http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/clem-snide/soft-spot.shtml

            Good reivew. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who doesn't like the
            Snide CD.

            Even when their first one came out, I wondered "what the hell are they
            doing that Camper Van Beethoven didn't already do much better over a
            decade ago?"

            Best,
            Jason
            --
            Perfect Sound Forever
            online music magazine with warped perspectives
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
              I love Clem Snide. Always have. I am disappointed in the new one, though.

              And I'm really disappointed that they are using street teams in this manner. Street Teams don't have to be bad (ie deceptive).

              steve
              > Hey, the Clem Snide street team has arrived! Did you get a new T-shirt
              > for this or just an invite to a "very special" listening party?

              On a related note, Pitchfork has provided the world with a deliciously
              brutal review of said Clem Snide album:

              http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/c/clem-snide/soft-spot.shtml

              Enjoy!

              rob

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Carl Abraham Zimring
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2003
                --On Wednesday, July 2, 2003 10:08 AM -0400 Steve Gardner
                <steve@...> wrote:

                > I love Clem Snide. Always have. I am disappointed in the new one, though.

                The new one doesn't do much for me either, but I can't hate a band that
                gives me an opportunity to air a song called "The Junky Jews". Only Fats
                Waller's "Cash for Your Trash" comes as close to discussing my research
                area.

                > And I'm really disappointed that they are using street teams in this
                > manner. Street Teams don't have to be bad (ie deceptive).

                Keep this in mind record peoples! Steve is the Irving Azoff of bluegrass
                and can buy and sell you all day long.* Play nice.

                *only a foot taller. And blond.