new No Depression

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2003
      Barry's mentioned this before, but the new issue of No Depression has a lot
      for the music fan whose tastes straddle the boundary between independent
      rock and twang, including lengthy features on the Drive-By Truckers, Steve
      Wynn, Scott Miller and Jon Langford, as well as a nice piece on Kimmie
      Rhodes. I picked it up yesterday afternoon and it's one of the more
      satisfying reads of a music periodical I've had in a long time.

      Carl Z.
    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2003
        ...and I forgot to mention Rodney Crowell's wonderful remembrance of June
        Carter Cash. That piece alone is worth the cover price.

        Carl Z.
      • Nina Melechen
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
          --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Carl Abraham Zimring <cz28@a...>
          wrote:
          > ...and I forgot to mention Rodney Crowell's wonderful remembrance of
          June
          > Carter Cash. That piece alone is worth the cover price.

          As I recall, Crowell also did a very moving memoir of Waylon Jennings
          for ND.

          Nina M.