4th of July

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 36 , Jun 24, 2003
      Since my next show is going to be the last one before the fourth, I'm
      planning to play a few songs appropriate to the occasion. Suggestions and
      requests welcome! (The Dave Alvin song will be played in its _King of
      California_ incarnation.)

      Carl Z.
    • Lance Davis
      Message 36 of 36 , Jul 3 6:20 AM
        I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice this, but the flute
        part on Out On The Road gives the song a heavy Astral Weeks
        flavor. Of course, there's no hair on fire vocal gymnastics, but
        it does have that late night quietude about it.

        LD

        =====
        "Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit."
        --Somerset Maugham

        http://sbc.yahoo.com