Re: [fearnwhiskey] Fall Peel Sessions

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 10, 2003
      Keep Smith away from telephones prior to the show if you want to see it.

      Carl Z.

      --On Wednesday, June 11, 2003 1:57 AM +0000 obeymybrain
      <obeymybrain@...> wrote:

      > And you may already know this, but the Fall will be playing in
      > Cleveland July 1st. Tix are $15. My fave group. Can't wait.
    • Wilson, Carl
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 11, 2003
        > Keep Smith away from telephones prior to the show if you want
        > to see it.
        >
        > Carl Z.

        They've already cancelled their Toronto show, in part due to SARS (there's a
        lot of that, er, going around lately) but in part because of what the
        obviously pissed-off promoter called "excuses too ridiculous to repeat."

        The up-side is that I can now go to the Elvis Costello show without
        compunction.

        carl w.
      • Carl Abraham Zimring
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 11, 2003
          --On Wednesday, June 11, 2003 2:20 PM -0400 "Wilson, Carl"
          <cwilson@...> wrote:

          > They've already cancelled their Toronto show, in part due to SARS
          > (there's a lot of that, er, going around lately) but in part because of
          > what the obviously pissed-off promoter called "excuses too ridiculous to
          > repeat."

          Man, I wish he'd repeat them. I also would love to see what their concert
          rider looks like.

          > The up-side is that I can now go to the Elvis Costello show without
          > compunction.

          You will not be disappointed. I have never seen EC do a bad show and the
          Imposters' set last fall was the loudest, most brutal one yet.

          Carl Z.
          who imagines Mark E. Smith is at particular risk for SARS because he
          already looks like he's at death's door