RE: [fearnwhiskey] gone/things to do in Pittsburgh this weekend

  • Justin Hopper
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
      ::BLATANT SELF-PROMOTION::

      Another thang to do in Pittsburgh might be Flux, Friday night in
      Lawrenceville, featuring The Johnsons Big Band, internationally renowned
      (kinda) writer Neal Pollack, Grand Buffet, the Hope-Harveys, and a bunch
      more for wicked cheap ($5 I think).

      Info, complete lineup w/bios, etc: http://www.fluxpgh.com/lawrenceville.html

      Rawk.

      ::END BLATANT SELF-PROMOTION::

      juddy

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
        I'm heading out to St. Louis for Twangfest today and will be offline for
        the weekend, so if you have any list-management queries I will take care of
        them Monday.

        If you're in Pittsburgh and wantin' to do some concertgoing, the Three
        Rivers Arts Festival has a bunch of shows this weekend, including a set by
        Richard Buckner on Saturday. Check out the full schedule at
        <http://www.artsfestival.net/>.

        Carl Z.
      • Carl Abraham Zimring
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
          Having just sat through a rained-out Pirates game with two Hope-Harveys, I
          can report that one of them will be presenting art of the visual kind in
          Homestead.

          ***

          The Party, a collaboration of three local artists, opens at art space 303 in
          Homestead, Saturday June 6. The paintings of Mike Cuccaro, the fiber arts of
          Emily McMahon and the poetry of Robert Press present a commentary on the
          social environment of the Pittsburgh creative community. Art space 303 is
          located at 303 East 8th Avenue in Homestead. The opening on June 6 is from 7
          to 9 pm and features music by the Telefonics. Viewing hours are Thursdays
          and Saturdays 10 to 6 through June 21, or by appointment. For an appointment
          or more information, please call 412-708-0319 or email artspace303@....

          ***

          really outta here,
          Carl Z.

          --On Wednesday, June 4, 2003 8:54 AM -0400 Justin Hopper