Monday night

  • kjhosey@adelphia.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2003
      I never thought I'd write that I had no problem missing a Grant Hart show, but last night, instead of seeing him at Mohawk Place, Val and I went to hear the Slee Sinfonetta perform Philip Glass' Symphony No. 3, followed by a talk by Glass and then a showing of "Noqoyqasti" at the State University at Buffalo.
      The performance was quite strong, and the movie (the first time we had the chance to see it) was good, maybe 10-15 minutes too long and we both thought the pseudo false ending about 10 minutes before it ended would have been a good ending.
      And, maybe not surprisingly, the talk by Glass was rather circular, sometimes in waves, and if taken by separate pieces rather scattered and confusing. Taken together, weaving in his comments and links to and between stories, it made more sense and was sometimes amusing and informative.

      Kevin