PLAYLIST: Viva Le Mock 5/30/03

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      Not to say the discussion on this list inspires my playlist...

      WRCT 88.3 fm * Pittsburgh, PA * www.wrct.org
      Program: Viva le Mock
      Date: 05-30-2003; 9:00 p.m.
      The Mock: Van Morrison

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      The Stranglers -- All Day and All of the Night (Kinks)
      Saturday Looks Good to Me -- Ultimate Stars
      [Playing Quiet Storm on 6/5]
      The Mendoza Line -- The Seventh Round
      Velvet Crush -- Save Me a Place

      David Bowie -- Blue Jean
      Dump -- Once Upon a Tie
      The Thorns -- Such a Shame
      The Mysteries of Life -- Wish You Well
      Gem -- Your Heroes Hate You

      The Mice -- Downtown
      The Revelers -- This Little Light of Mine
      [Drummer Tommy Fox was in the Mice]
      The Long Winters -- Prom Night at Hater High
      [Playing Club Cafe on 6/18]
      Tall Dwarfs -- We Are the Chosen Few
      Q and Not U -- So Many Animal Calls*

      Descendents -- Pep Talk*
      The White Stripes -- I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself
      [Jack White on Guitar]
      2 Star Tabernacle -- Rambin' Man (Hank Williams)
      [Jack White on Drums. Dan Miller on vocals]
      Goober & the Peas -- Consider Me
      [Dan Milller -aka Goober - on vocals]
      Hank Snow -- I'm Movin' On

      Tom Waits -- Going Out West
      The Deliberate Strangers -- Box of Pine
      [Playing Quiet Storm on 6/14]
      Lonesome Bob -- Heather's All Bummed Out
      [Playing Quiet Storm on 6/14]
      The Knitters -- Poor Old Heartsick Me (Hank Williams)
      Janet Bean and the Concertina Wire -- The Purple Heart

      Lisa Germano -- Dream Glasses Off
      [Playing Club Cafe on 6/21]
      Red House Painters -- Cabezon
      [Sounds a lot like Neil Young's "Harvest Moon"]
      Eels -- Flower*
      The Replacements -- Can't Hardly Wait
      Big Star -- September Gurls

      Band of Outsiders -- Dutch Girl Concern
      Yo La Tengo -- 3 Blocks from Groove Street
      Radio Birdman -- Aloha Steve and Danno
      The New Bomb Turks -- Snap Decision

      The Hi-Frequencies -- To Do
      [Playing Arsenal Lanes on 6/2]
      The Fall -- Riddler
      Speedball Baby -- The Diddler
      Steven Malkmus -- Vague Space
      Radiohead -- Morning Bell*
      Mission Of Burma -- Peking Spring

      The Flaming Lips -- Stand in Line*
      Donovan -- The Land of Doesn't Have to Be
      Toiling Midgets -- Wishful Thinking
      Wire -- Don't Understand
      Pere Ubu -- Woolie Bullie
      Chainsaw Kittens -- One (Three Dog Night)

      THE MOCK: VAN MORRISON
      The Waterboys -- Sweet Thing (V. Morrison)
      Dexys Midnight Runners -- Jackie Wilson Said (I'm in Heaven When You Smile)
      (V. Morrison)
      Half Japanese -- Gloria (Them)
      The Icicle Works -- Into the Mystic (V. Morrison)
      This Mortal Coil -- Come Here My Love (V. Morrison)
      Wasted Time -- Brown Eyed Girl (V. Morrison)

      The Rapture -- House of Jealous Lovers*
      Glass Candy -- Empty V
      The Flying Pickets -- Disco Down
      Steve Wynn -- If My Life Was an Open Book
      Bill Janovitz -- Red Balloon
      Rasputina -- Diamond Mind
      Peter Blegvad -- Special Delivery

      Camper Van Beethoven -- III -- Shut Us Down

      * requests

    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
        Nice! Oddly enough, I was in a conversation about Van Morrison just last
        night. It being summer, there's a good chance "Summertime in England' may
        fill up one-eight of my show one of these weeks.

        Carl Z.

        --On Monday, June 2, 2003 10:21 AM -0400 Mock the DJ