Re: Horns Large Horns (was Playlist for Memphis to Manchester on May 30, 2003)

  • jwmoosefan2001
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2003
      --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Carl Abraham Zimring <cz28@a...>
      wrote:
      > --On Friday, May 30, 2003 11:11 PM +0000 jwmoosefan2001
      <johnw@c...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > Richard Ferreira - Invisible Man - Somewhereville
      > > [ Also appearing (with horn section) at Twangfest on Thursday
      > > (June 5) at Blueberry Hill - This song generated immediate phone
      > > calls from people wondering who the artist was on the radio ]
      > [...]
      > > Bobby Bare, Jr. - The Monk At The Disco - Young Criminals
      > > Starvation League
      > > [ Appearing at Twangfest on Thursday (June 5) at Blueberry
      Hill -
      > > Not to be missed - Also appearing with a horn section ]
      >
      > I like this trend. Is the proliferation of horns a warm-up for the
      Sun Ra
      > Arkestra next year?

      Well, it's a big tent<g>

      BTW, I'm amazed if Bill Silvers (based on all the fine pop comps I've
      received from him over the years) doesn't at least think "All for
      Swinging You Around" on the New Pornographer's latest is a great pop
      song.

      Twangfest prediction: Steve Wynn & The Miracle 3 will be this year's
      Calvin Cooke.

      -John

      > Carl "I bet I'm the first with an annoying request for an act for
      Twangfest
      > 8" Z.
    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2003
        --On Sunday, June 1, 2003 2:53 AM +0000 jwmoosefan2001 <johnw@...>
        wrote:

        > Twangfest prediction: Steve Wynn & The Miracle 3 will be this year's
        > Calvin Cooke.

        Though probably louder! I'm curious to see what he'll squeeze into an
        hourlong set.