Re: New Pornographers (Was Re: Re: Apple ads)

  • Perfect Sound Forever
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2003
      I saw them at the SXSW 2001 Hideout showcase and thought they sounded
      great.

      I was put off by the new record at first because there didn't seem to be
      enough of Neko there. After a few spins (if we can call it that), I
      loved it- one of the best things I've heard this year. I think only the
      Pernice Brothers might have done a better power pop record this year (so
      far at least). I can understand why some people think it's busy- it's
      so full of hooks. But the thing is just so damn catchy. Shame that it
      probably won't sell.

      Funniest thing is that in the booklet, they look so dour, like they all
      just woke up. Totally the opposite of what you hear in the music.

      Best,
      Jason
      --
      Perfect Sound Forever
      online music magazine with warped perspectives