Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: Playlist for Memphis to Manchester on May 02, 2003

  • Lance Davis
    Message 1 of 5 , May 5, 2003
      > Not everyone agrees with me, but I like De La's second album,
      > De La Soul Is Dead, almost as much as Three Feet High.
      > "Bitties in the BK Lounge" is classic. And their fourth one,
      > Stakes Is High, is also excellent. It's a more "serious"
      > record, but it still has that De La Soul goofiness, in the
      > best way.

      Hmmm ... haven't heard Dead since it came out, so maybe I'll
      have to track down a copy somewheres. Never even heard of
      Stakes. I'm clearly outta the lizoop.

      > Lamprey (which I like even better than Palomine, despite the
      > truly atrocious production).

      Speaking of "truly atrocious," despite Bettie being one of my
      top 5 rock bands of the last ten years or so, I have to say they
      have consistently produced the DUMBEST album covers I've ever
      seen. I think Private Suit is the only one that doesn't suck -
      in fact, I think it's pretty cool. But wassup????

      LD ... whose new favorite Bettie song is Auf Weidersehen (no,
      NOT the Cheap Trick song)

      =====
      "What do you expect me to do ... NOT dance with a dog?"
      --Bobby Hill

      http://search.yahoo.com