PLAYLIST: Viva Le Mock 5/2/03

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2003
      WRCT 88.3 fm Pittsburgh PA * wrct.org
      Program: Viva le Mock
      Date: 05-02-2003
      The Mock: Kris Kristofferson

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      Iggy Pop -- Funtime
      The Kills -- Fried My Little Brains
      The Shipping News -- Haymaker

      Big Black -- The Model (Kraftwerk)
      Moving Units -- Melodrama
      Public Image Ltd. -- Seattle
      The Apes -- The Midnight Raiders
      [Played Pgh 3/30]
      Blur -- Girls and Boys

      The Clash -- This is England
      Buzzcocks -- Why Can't I Touch It?
      The Thermals -- It's Trivia
      The Briefs -- Squash Me Like a Bug
      FM Knives -- Useless and Modern

      Tarnation with Joe Gore -- Leaving on a Jet Plane* (J. Denver)
      Joel RL Phelps -- Emerald City (Dramarama)
      Marshall Crenshaw -- Twenty Five Forty One (Grant Hart)
      Grant Lee Phillips -- Squint
      Lemonheads -- It's a Shame About Ray

      School of Fish -- Let's Pretend We're Married (Prince)
      Rollins Band -- Another Life*
      Guitar Wolf -- Fire Ball Red
      The Rogers Sisters -- I Dig a Hole
      Miracle Legion -- Academy Fight Song (Mission of Burma)

      The Clutters -- I Don't Wanna Think About You Tonight
      Local Honey -- Under My Spell
      Bobby Bare -- Detroit City
      Willie Nelson -- What Do You Think of Her Now?
      Kelly Hogan and Pine Valley Cosmonauts -- Papa was a Rodeo (Magnetic Fields)

      Heaven 17 -- Let Me Go
      All Girl Summer Fun Band -- Jason Lee
      Dressy Bessy -- Gloria Days
      Suzi Quatro -- Skin Tight Skin
      O-matic -- No Pinky, No Leather
      [O-matic featured ex-Brainiac member Michelle Bodine]
      The Hissyfits -- Something Wrong 2001
      Joan Jett and the Blackhearts -- Crimson and Clover (Tommy James)

      Clem Snide -- Joan Jett of Arc
      Joan Of Arc -- Gin & Platonic
      The Flying Lizards -- Summertime Blues (Eddie Cochran)
      Zikzak -- I Lost the Tiny Man
      The Postal Service -- Clark Gable

      Pray for Rain -- The Killers
      [PRF was also the backing band on the Zikzak tune]
      Guadalcanal Diary -- Pray for Rain
      The Alarm -- Rain in the Summertime

      THE MOCK: Kris Kristofferson
      Radar Brothers -- Help Me Make it Through the Night (K. Kristofferson)
      The Everly Brothers -- Somebody Nobody Knows (K. Kristofferson)
      Granfaloon Bus -- Kiss the World Goodbye (K. Kristofferson)
      Crooked Fingers -- Sunday Morning Coming Down (K. Kristofferson)
      Diana Darby -- Jesus was a Capricorn (K. Kristofferson)
      Al Green -- For the Good Times (K. Kristofferson)
      Roger Miller -- Me and Bobby McGee (K. Kristofferson)

      Radiohead -- There There*
      The Feelies -- Decide
      Black Lipstick -- Cat Piss Blues
      Yo La Tengo -- Beach Party Tonight
      Luna -- California (All the Way)
      Thompson Twins -- If You Were Here

      Gillian Welch -- My Morphine*
      Joey Scarbury -- The Theme from "The Greatest American Hero" (Believe it or
      Camper Van Beethoven -- Shut Us Down

      * requests