Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: WRCT weekly charts

  • Steve Gardner
    Message 1 of 15 , May 2, 2003
      I love the Thermals. I saw them at SXSW, too, and they were terrific. They are a four piece. The lead singer looks about 19 years old. He's geeky and he gives it all he's got. Their CD sounds like a more noisy (and less polished) version of the Strokes. They probably would hate it if they heard me say that, but it's true.

      steve
      Message 2 of 15 , May 2, 2003
        --On Friday, May 2, 2003 12:56 PM -0400 Mock the DJ <mockthedj@...>
        wrote:

        > The end result will be what you get when you cross the theme to "Ultra
        > Man" with Kraftwerk's "The Model".

        I think you need video screens showing the title credits to Ultra Man
        behind you. I'm not sure exactly where they would fit at the Warsaw, but
        I'm still kind of surprised they can haul amps into that room and not have
        the floor disintegrate.