Re: new releases & reissues for May 6

  • samchecker
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2003
      --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Carl Abraham Zimring <cz28@a...>
      wrote:

      > Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Architecture and Morality,
      Orchestral
      > Manoeuvres in the Dark and Organisation (w/bonus tracks) (Virgin)

      Ooh, all their best stuff. There goes my budget...

      > Tin Huey Contents Dislodged During Shipping (Collectors' Choice)

      Maybe someone else can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure the drummer
      in the Black Keys (whose last name is Carney...can't remember his
      first name) has a connection with Ralph Carney. Maybe his son? Tin
      Huey was pretty fun live, but this record has about two or three good
      songs on it, tops.

      > SACD The Kinks Low Budget (hybrid; w/same bonus tracks as VelVel
      version)
      > (Mobile Fidelity)

      Ooh, you mean we get to hear classics like "Gallon of Gas" in pristine
      SACD sonic quality? Ecch.

      Mark
    • Lance Davis
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2003
        > > SACD The Kinks Low Budget (hybrid; w/same bonus tracks as
        > > VelVel version) (Mobile Fidelity)
        >
        > Ooh, you mean we get to hear classics like "Gallon of Gas" in
        > pristine SACD sonic quality? Ecch.

        Mark, I'm guessing they want you to lower your standards so you
        can buy more.

        LD

        =====
        "You spend half your life trying to turn the other half around."
        --Kathleen Edwards

        http://search.yahoo.com