new releases & reissues for May 6

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2003
      >From ICE. The Bean disc is already out. Guadacanal Diary fans may want to
      scroll down to the reissues section, and Ralph Carney pops up again as his
      old band Tin Huey gets reissued.

      Carl Z.

      ***

      http://www.icemagazine.com/dates/release194.shtm

      May 6

      Anthrax We've Come for You All (Sanctuary)

      Mark Bacino The Million Dollar Milkshake (Parasol)

      Janet Bean and the Concertina Wire Dragging Wonder Lake (Thrill Jockey)

      Paul Brady Songbook (Compass)

      Brave Combo Box of Ghosts (Rounder)

      The Decemberists Castaways and Cutouts (Kill Rock Stars)

      Dub Narcotic Sound System Hand Clappin' (EP) (K)

      Pete Escovedo with Sheila E. Live! (Concord Picante)

      Front 242 Pulse (Metropolis)

      Beppe Gambetta Blu di Genova (Gadfly)

      Goldfrapp Black Cherry (Mute)

      The Gossip Movement (Kill Rock Stars)

      John Hiatt & the Goners Beneath This Gruff Exterior (New West)

      Isley Brothers Body Kiss Featuring Ronald Isley A.K.A. Mr. Biggs (produced
      by R. Kelly) (DreamWorks)

      Etta James Let's Roll (Private Music)

      Je Suis France Fantastic Area (Orange Twin)

      Jack Johnson On and On (Universal)

      Oliver Jones Then and Now (Justin Time)

      Mamani Keita and Marc Minelli Electro Bamako (Palm Pictures)

      Kentucky HeadHunters Soul (Audium)

      Marty Lloyd Marigold (Razor & Tie)

      The Long Winters When I Pretend to Fall (Barsuk)

      Ian McCulloch Slideling (Coldplay's Chris Martin and Johnny Buckland guest)
      (spinART/Cooking Vinyl)

      New Pornographers Electric Version (Matador)

      The Parkinsons (Jesus & Mary Chains' Jim Reid) The Parkinsons (Elevator)

      Lucky Peterson Black Midnight Sun (Dreyfus)

      Prince Paul The Politics of the Business (Razor & Tie)

      Public Enemy Son of a Bush (three-song CD packaged w/DVD) (Koch)

      Read Yellow Read Yellow (EP) (Fenway)

      Arturo Sandoval Trumpet Evolution (Crescent Moon/Columbia)

      Nobukazu Takemura Assembler (Thrill Jockey)

      Richard Thompson The Old Kit Bag (w/limited-edition bonus disc) (Cooking
      Vinyl/spinART)

      Suzanne Westenhoefer Guaranteed Fresh (Uproar)

      VA Bar/None Records Sampler (Bar/None)

      VA I've Always Been Crazy: A Tribute to Waylon Jennings (w/Brooks & Dunn,
      Metallica's James Hetfield and others) (RCA)

      from the vaults:

      Duster Bennett Fingertips (Sanctuary/Castle)

      Joe Callicott Ain't a Gonna Lie to You (Fat Possum)

      Calloway Greatest Hits (The Right Stuff)

      Johnny Cash Greatest! (w/four bonus tracks) (Varèse Vintage)

      Commander Cody Greatest Hits Live (King Biscuit)

      Larry Coryell Major Jazz, Minor Blues (Savoy Jazz)

      Delfonics Platinum & Gold (Arista/BMG Heritage)

      Nick Drake Bryter Layter, Five Leaves Left, Pink Moon and Way to Blue: An
      Introduction to (Island)

      Elastica Radio 1 Sessions (Koch)

      Aretha Franklin One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism (two-CD set w/four bonus
      tracks) (RLG/BMG Heritage) and Platinum & Gold (Arista/BMG Heritage)

      Marvin Gaye Live in Montreux (two CDs) (Eagle)

      Guadalcanal Diary Walking in the Shadow of the Big Man/Jamboree (two-fer)
      (Collectables)

      John Wesley Harding Here Comes the Groom/The Name Above the Title (two-fer)
      (Collectables)

      Homesick James and Snooky Pryor The Big Bear Sessions (two CDs)
      (Sanctuary/Castle)

      John Lee Hooker Sittin' Here Thinkin' (Savoy Jazz)

      Hot Tuna Platinum & Gold (RCA/BMG Heritage)

      Jefferson Airplane Platinum & Gold (RCA/BMG Heritage)

      Etta Jones Doin' What She Does Best (Savoy Jazz)

      Earl King Street Parade (Fuel 2000)

      Leadbelly Take This Hammer: When the Sun Goes Down Vol. 5 (Bluebird)

      J.B. Lenoir and Sunnyland Slim Live in 1963 (w/Mike Bloomfield) (Fuel 2000)

      John Mayall Roadshow Blues (two CDs) (Sanctuary/Castle)

      MC 900 Ft. Jesus Hell with the Lid Off and Welcome to My Dream (Nettwerk)

      Molly Hatchet Greatest Hits Live (King Biscuit)

      Mouse on Mars Glam (Thrill Jockey)

      Rick Nelson, Glen Campbell & Jerry Fuller The Lost ?60s Recordings (Varèse
      Vintage)

      Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Architecture and Morality, Orchestral
      Manoeuvres in the Dark and Organisation (w/bonus tracks) (Virgin)

      Bernard "Pretty" Purdie Lialeh (new liners include contribution from
      Jurassic 5's Cut Chemist) (Light in the Attic)

      Zoot Sims Live in Philly (Savoy Jazz)

      Sonny Stitt Just in Case You Forgot How Bad He Really Was (Savoy Jazz)

      Tin Huey Contents Dislodged During Shipping (Collectors' Choice)

      Townes Van Zandt High, Low and In Between and The Late Great (Tomato)

      Dionne Warwick Platinum & Gold (Arista/BMG Heritage)

      Bob Welch Three Hearts (w/bonus tracks) (One Way)

      Warren Zevon Sentimental Hygiene, Transverse City and Wanted Dead or Alive
      (Imperial/Capitol)

      VA 70s Soul Jams Volumes 1, 2 and 3 (packaged individually) (The Right
      Stuff)

      OST The Best of Bollywood (Hip-O)

      DVD Albert Collins and the Icebreakers The Iceman at Mount Fuji (Fuel 2000)

      DVD Audio Blue Öyster Cult A Long Day's Night (Silverline)

      DVD Audio Jerry Lee Lewis From the Front Row... Live (recorded in 1984)
      (Silverline)

      SACD John Coltrane Soultrane (hybrid) (Mobile Fidelity)

      SACD The Kinks Low Budget (hybrid; w/same bonus tracks as VelVel version)
      (Mobile Fidelity)
    • samchecker
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2003
        --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Carl Abraham Zimring <cz28@a...>
        wrote:

        > Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Architecture and Morality,
        Orchestral
        > Manoeuvres in the Dark and Organisation (w/bonus tracks) (Virgin)

        Ooh, all their best stuff. There goes my budget...

        > Tin Huey Contents Dislodged During Shipping (Collectors' Choice)

        Maybe someone else can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure the drummer
        in the Black Keys (whose last name is Carney...can't remember his
        first name) has a connection with Ralph Carney. Maybe his son? Tin
        Huey was pretty fun live, but this record has about two or three good
        songs on it, tops.

        > SACD The Kinks Low Budget (hybrid; w/same bonus tracks as VelVel
        version)
        > (Mobile Fidelity)

        Ooh, you mean we get to hear classics like "Gallon of Gas" in pristine
        SACD sonic quality? Ecch.

        Mark
      • Lance Davis
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2003
          > > SACD The Kinks Low Budget (hybrid; w/same bonus tracks as
          > > VelVel version) (Mobile Fidelity)
          >
          > Ooh, you mean we get to hear classics like "Gallon of Gas" in
          > pristine SACD sonic quality? Ecch.

          Mark, I'm guessing they want you to lower your standards so you
          can buy more.

          LD

          =====
          "You spend half your life trying to turn the other half around."
          --Kathleen Edwards

          http://search.yahoo.com