Re: [fearnwhiskey] Metallica drummer

  • David Atteberry
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2003
      This was on the Aquarius Records new release list a week or so back. Have any of you heard more about or seen this? It sounds hilarious. And how long will it be before he's sued? David Back for one very very limited edition last hurrah! It's the infamous and highly sought Metallica Drummer video which has been sadly out of print for five years much to the chagrin of those whose lives were severely altered by viewing the tape. Those individuals will surely not want to miss out this time around. In fact, for those of you who were fortunate enough to nab a copy the first time around, it's undoubtably been worn thin from repeat plays. I know mine has. Time for a fresh copy! For those who have yet to experience Metallica Drummer... hoooo boy, brace yourself!
      Released once again by Neverending Entertainment aka our very own Cup and her I Am Spoonbender bandmate Dustin. Pssst... they're just about to embark on a U.S. tour, and word has it they'll be screening it prior to their set on select dates. And apart from buying it directly from them at their shows, AQ is pleased as punch to be the *only* other place to get it.
      Here's what we said the first time around...
      You have certainly spent many idle moments staring at the wall dreaming of stardom. You've spent inspired Sunday afternoons dancing on your bed, singing your favorite song to the illusion of thousands of adoring, screaming fans below. But have you been caught?
      Metallica Drummer, as he has come to be known, set-up a video camera in his livingroom, put on some of his favorite Metallica songs and gave an air-drumming performance with no equal. This is truly one of the funniest things that I have ever seen. The humor lies not only in laughing at this embarrassing moment, but in the utter fascination with someone who is so obsessed with Lars Ulrich that he is able to replicate his drumming with absolute accuracy. I am certain that he sold his soul at the crossroads to acquire these unparallelled air-drum skills. An astonishing personal document. "He's talented! He's obsessed! He's Canadian! He's... Metallica Drummer!"