Re: [fearnwhiskey] Clip: Salon on iTunes

  • David Atteberry
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 3:44 PM
      Interesting piece. And the author is correct to voice his fears about sounding like an ad for Apple. One question comes to mind -- how much of a music fan is he? I would like to hear from a music fan
      now after hearing from a science/tech writer. I'm not sure this will really affect me. I'm a PC user who downloads some stuff but would rather spend his time (and money) in a record store or digging through a box of vinyl at a garage sale. Also, while there is a lot of great music on major labels, there is a tremendous amount of crap. Do I really want to have to sift through all the Trixter tracks to find something I like? (Apologies to any Trixter fans in F&W land) And where does all this stand in the light of a judge's recent ruling that many file sharing programs are used for trading un-copyrighted material and therefore should not be shut down. Thanks for posting this Dave, it seems relevant to all of us. One more thing, is the CD really gonna die out by the end of the decade? My thoughts and nothing else, David
      Dave Purcell <dave@...> wrote:
      http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2003/04/29/itunes/index.html