PLAYLIST: Fear & Whiskey 4/28/03

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2003
      Here's the playlist for tonight's biodegraded episode of Fear & Whiskey,
      heard from 7-9pm ET on 88.3fm in Pittsburgh and <http://www.wrct.org> over
      the internet. Past playlists are archived at
      <http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~cz28/fear.html>.

      Carl

      ARTIST / SONG
      aoki/hunsinger/jarman / powerhouse

      yo la tengo / beach party tonight
      chills / rolling moon
      map of wyoming / broken sky
      janet bean / dragging wonder lake

      spirit / fresh garbage
      marvin gaye / mercy mercy me (the ecology)
      barbara manning / stain on the sun
      robyn hitchcock / acid bird
      [The live version from _Gotta Let This Hen Out!_.]
      steve wynn / amphetamine

      joel phelps / at el paso
      uncle tupelo / new madrid
      dent / out in the heat
      [A rawer, rougher version of the Victor Krummenacher song.]
      kelly kessler / meet me tonight at the landfill

      jane siberry / bound by the beauty
      peter jefferies / dryest month in 100 years
      neil young / on the beach
      paul kelly / foggy highway

      vic chesnutt / styrofoam
      randy newman / burn on
      go-betweens / poison in the walls
      throwing muses / mercury
      new pornographers / the laws have changed

      silkworm / dirty air
      james mcmurtry / no more buffalo
      nina simone / rags and old iron

      john fahey / untitled with rain
      [From _Red Cross_, which I think includes his final recordings.]