PLAYLIST: Viva Le Mock 4/25/03

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2003
      WRCT 88.3fm * Pittsburgh, PA * www.wrct.org
      Program: Viva le Mock
      Date: 04-25-2003
      The Mock: Simon & Garfunkel

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      Jesse Malin -- Wendy
      [Former D-Generation leader]
      The Mercenaries -- You Can Take the Girl Out of the White Trash, But You
      Can't Take the White Trash out of the Girl
      The Suggestions -- Halo
      Retro Morning -- Need You Around (Smoking Popes)

      June of 44 -- Sharks and Sailors*
      Richard Hell -- Love Comes in Spurts
      Radio 4 -- How the Stars Got Crossed
      Rodan -- Everyday World of Bodies*
      [Never joke on air about playing requested long songs, because it seems that
      you might get MORE requests of long songs...like this one!]

      Eels -- I Like Birds*
      [Caller was hoping the new Eels album was out. I think it has a June
      release date]
      Blue Rodeo -- Lost Together
      Califone -- When Leon Spinx Moved into Town
      Cub Country -- O Great Telephone (live)
      [Recorded at WRCT]

      Jets to Brazil -- Lemon Yellow Black
      [Jeremy from Cub Country plays bass with JTB]
      Graham Coxon -- Fame and Fortune (Mission of Burma)
      [Graham is in Blur]
      The Business -- Tell Us the Truth*
      The Ultimatics -- Carry Frankie Home*
      MxPx -- Take on Me (A-ha)
      [MxPx is a punk rock abbreviation for Magnified Plaid]
      The Dickies -- Give it Back
      [Sometimes owning old vinyl isn't cool, as the CD version of this album has
      a cover of S&G's "Sounds of Silence" which would have been nice for
      tonight's Mock]
      Frampton Brothers -- Indiana Wants Me (R. Dean Taylor)
      [I just got my hands on Ed Frampton's demo of his newest project, The Break
      Up Society. Wonderful power-pop! Maybe Ed will let me play it on the air]
      Every Mothers' Son -- Come and Take a Ride in My Boat
      [Speaking of old vinyl. This was off an original "DJ Promo" copy from 1967]
      The Rubinoos -- Bubble Gum Music (Rock & Roll Dubble Bubble Trading Card
      Company of Philadelphia - 19141)
      Teenage Fanclub -- Happiness
      The Posies -- Dream All Day (demo)

      Glen Campbell -- Daddy Sang Bass (Carl Perkins)
      Roger Miller -- Dang Me
      Gear Daddies -- She's Happy
      Prince -- Everyday is a Winding Road (Sheryl Crow)*

      Miroslav -- Do the Math
      [Playing Arsenal Lanes 5/12]
      Clifford Nevernew -- Oil Slick Dress
      The Thermals -- Overgrown, Overblown!
      Joe Strummer & the Latino Rockabilly War -- Trash City
      The New Bomb Turks -- Sick Sermon

      The Rogers Sisters -- Zero Point
      Altered Images -- Song Sung Blue (N. Diamond)
      The New Constitution -- So I Walked into the Earthbar
      The Charms -- Top Down
      Bishop Allen -- Charm School

      Lonesome Bob -- I Get Smarter Every Drink
      [Played Pgh 4/26]
      Dwight Yoakam -- North to Alaska (Johnny Horton)
      Buck Owens -- Who's Gonna Mow Your Grass
      Jerry Reed -- She Got the Goldmine (I Got the Shaft)
      Chet Atkins -- On the Road Again (W. Nelson)

      THE MOCK: Simon & Garfunkel
      Glass Eye -- Cecilia (Simon & Garfunkel)
      Material Issue -- The Boxer (live) (Simon & Garfunkel)
      Johnny Rivers -- For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her (Simon & Garfunkel)
      Shockabilly -- Homeward Bound (Simon & Garfunkel)
      Don't Mean Maybe -- Paul Simon Artist or Thief
      Lemonheads -- Mrs. Robinson (Simon & Garfunkel)
      Red House Painters -- I am a Rock (Simon & Garfunkel)
      Johnny Cash -- Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon & Garfunkel)

      Yo La Tengo -- Take Care
      Diana Darby -- Caroline
      Howe Home -- Glisten
      Willie Nelson -- Opportunity to Cry

      Jon Langford & His Sadies -- Are You an Entertainer?
      The Flaming Lips -- Fight Test
      Sparklehorse -- Pig
      Robyn Hitchcock -- 1974
      Atom and His Package -- Out to Everyone
      Camper Van Beethoven -- III -- Shut Us Down

      * requests