Bedhead (was re: the New Year, which was re: Silkworm)

  • Catherine Lewis
    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 5, 2003
      On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Lance Davis wrote:
      > Thanks, Catherine. The only problem now is figuring out who the
      > hell Bedhead are ;)

      Um, wow! OK, I'll back up. Bedhead are one of the bigger names in the 'slowcore' scene (yes, I hate HATE HATE that label), led by guitarist brothers Matt and Bubba Kadane. (Matt also plays in Clint Conley's band Consonant, btw.)

      They formed in the early '90s and lived in Texas and put out a whole bunch of really great records on Trance Syndicate. I particularly liked "Beheaded", but others on this list might have different suggestions.

      They also did an EP with Macha called "Macha Loved Bedhead", which has a few songs, about 80 5-second-long tracks, and a cover of Cher's "Believe" which includes them playing the tune on a telephone. Brilliant.

      I think there's more info here: http://brainwashed.com/bedhead/ although it's a bit out-of-date.

      Catherine.
    • Bob Soron
      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 10, 2003
        On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:10AM -0600, Dave Purcell wrote:
        >> Really. After last night's show, I'm officially retiring as a
        > Simpson's viewer.
        >
        > The Simpsons have been on a serious decline for, what, five years now?
        > I'll still watch on occasion, but it gets less and less funny every
        > week.

        I'm almost there. But in most episodes, they manage to slip in a coupla
        good gags (along with the CCR thing, there was their take on Fox News'
        headline crawls that had me dying). Once they can't even do that, I'm
        bailing.

        Wonder how many seasons they'll release on DVD. I mean, even they must
        know...

        Bob