Re: new zine for old boomers

  • samchecker <mwyatt@columbus.rr.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
      --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, jeffj@b... wrote:
      I'd like to see a domestic zine that fell
      > somewhere between Harp and Mojo. Or even a decent American "rock"
      > zine for that matter. Now *there's* a dream job- owner and publisher
      of
      > Creem Magazine. Hhmmm, I wonder who my first "Creem Dream" would
      > be?

      Funny you should mention this. I just finished reading Jim DeRogatis'
      excellent bio of Lester Bangs, called Let It Blurt, and it made me
      really really nostalgic for the days when I just bought what Creem
      told me to buy. I owe so much to that magazine, and there's never
      been one like it since. I'd be a slave to a mag that was just half as
      good.

      Mark
    • flcsoda <soda@nashvegas.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
        >I'd like to see a domestic zine that fell somewhere between Harp and
        Mojo.

        anyone have any opinions on Paste? (the magazine, you jokers)

        Later...
        CK
      • Steve Gardner
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 4, 2003
          >anyone have any opinions on Paste? (the magazine, you jokers)

          I prefer something a bit more sophomoric. There's a little too much music
          for grown-ups in that mag.

          They also misspelled Rilo Kily in their headline. Whoops.

          steve