Re: new CDs this month

  • samchecker <mwyatt@columbus.rr.com>
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 3, 2003
      --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, jeffj@b... wrote:
      > Me too, although I didn't care for the track ("The Boy Looked At
      Johnny", I
      > think) that's on the current Mojo freebie cd. Sounded like
      warmed-over
      > Lurkers or Sham 69. Hopefully, it's not representative of the rest
      of the
      > album.

      I've heard most of the tracks already, and the only thing this band
      has in common with the Lurkers or Sham 69 is that they all call
      sausages "bangers". The record totally kicks ass, and it makes me
      think Mick Jones ought to produce more often.

      Mark
    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 3, 2003
        --On Monday, March 3, 2003 10:50 PM +0000 "Bill Silvers
        <wfsilvers@...>" <wfsilvers@...> wrote:

        > And thanks for doing that. I usedta do that on P2 back before Ice
        > started limiting theior listings to one month at a time (and leaving
        > country listings out entirely).

        What's weird about that is they continue to keep the country, jazz and
        blues in the reissues section but not (or at least not regularly) in the
        new-release section. I still like the listings for their diversity, though
        not their impact on my wallet.

        Carl Z.
        "bruddah can you hire a historian?"