Re: [fearnwhiskey] new CDs this month

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 3, 2003
      --On Monday, March 3, 2003 10:58 AM -0500 Steve Gardner <steve@...>
      wrote:

      >> Songs: Ohia Magnolia Electric Co. (Secretly Canadian)
      >
      > Jason Molina sure is a prolific mofo.

      He's really Bob Pollard the morning after.

      >> Deniz Tek & the Golden Breed (ex-Radio Birdman) Glass Eye World (Career)
      >
      > Anyone know if Career is a domestic label?

      I'm guessing yes, since ICE doesn't usually include import lables in their
      release lists.

      >> Joe Jackson Volume 4 (Restless/Rykodisc)
      >
      > Is this the one that is supposed to sound like his first album?

      Yes, with the original band.

      >> M. Ward Transfiguration of Vincent (Merge)
      >
      > I've heard this once and it sounded really good.

      I liked his last record and his version of "Fearless" on the American Music
      Club tribute.

      Carl Z.
    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 3, 2003
        --On Monday, March 3, 2003 10:50 PM +0000 "Bill Silvers
        <wfsilvers@...>" <wfsilvers@...> wrote:

        > And thanks for doing that. I usedta do that on P2 back before Ice
        > started limiting theior listings to one month at a time (and leaving
        > country listings out entirely).

        What's weird about that is they continue to keep the country, jazz and
        blues in the reissues section but not (or at least not regularly) in the
        new-release section. I still like the listings for their diversity, though
        not their impact on my wallet.

        Carl Z.
        "bruddah can you hire a historian?"