Re: [fearnwhiskey] new CDs this month

  • Steve Gardner
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 3, 2003
      >Songs: Ohia Magnolia Electric Co. (Secretly Canadian)

      Jason Molina sure is a prolific mofo.

      >Deniz Tek & the Golden Breed (ex-Radio Birdman) Glass Eye World (Career)

      Anyone know if Career is a domestic label?

      >The Be Good Tanyas Chinatown (Nettwerk)

      One of the most overrated bands in twangy music today, imo.

      >Gibson Brothers Rollin' Up a Back Road (Sugar Hill)

      That's wrong. It is actually called "Bona Fide".

      >Joe Jackson Volume 4 (Restless/Rykodisc)

      Is this the one that is supposed to sound like his first album?

      >Buzzcocks Buzzcocks (Merge)

      Looking forward to this one.

      >Libertines Up the Bracket (Sanctuary/Rough Trade)

      Wow, domestic. I still haven't heard these guys, but am anxious to get it
      based on everyone's positive remarks.

      >M. Ward Transfiguration of Vincent (Merge)

      I've heard this once and it sounded really good.

      steve
    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 3, 2003
        --On Monday, March 3, 2003 10:50 PM +0000 "Bill Silvers
        <wfsilvers@...>" <wfsilvers@...> wrote:

        > And thanks for doing that. I usedta do that on P2 back before Ice
        > started limiting theior listings to one month at a time (and leaving
        > country listings out entirely).

        What's weird about that is they continue to keep the country, jazz and
        blues in the reissues section but not (or at least not regularly) in the
        new-release section. I still like the listings for their diversity, though
        not their impact on my wallet.

        Carl Z.
        "bruddah can you hire a historian?"