new reissues this month

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2003
      >From ICE.

      Carl Z.

      ***

      http://www.icemagazine.com/dates/vault192.shtm

      March 4

      The BellRays Raw Collection (Uppercut)

      Jerry Butler The Collection (Featuring Betty Everett) (five-CD box set)
      (Collectables)

      Duke Ellington The "Satin Doll" Collection (five-CD box set) (Collectables)

      Lester Flatt RCA Country Legends (RCA)

      Mickey Gilley Absolutely the Best, Vol. 1 (Fuel 2000)

      Woody Guthrie The Folk Collection (two CDs) (Collectables)

      Howlin' Wolf The London Sessions - Deluxe Edition (two CDs) (MCA/Chess)

      Les Paul & Mary Ford The Definitive Collection (six-CD box set)
      (Collectables)

      Sam the Sham & the Pharoahs 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection
      (Polydor)

      The Sons of the Pioneers Essential (two CDs) (Varèse Vintage)

      Spirit Blues from the Soul (two CDs) (Acadia)

      Ernest Tubb Family Bible (Universal Special Products)

      Conway Twitty & Loretta Lynn Country Gospel Greats (Universal Special
      Products)

      Tom Waits Blue Valentine, Heartattack and Vine (both expanded) and Foreign
      Affairs (Elektra Traditions/Rhino)

      March 11

      Albert Ayler Music Is the Healing Force of the Universe (Impulse! LP
      Reproduction)

      The Beau Brummels Bradley's Barn and Triangle (Collectors? Choice)

      Ron Carter Songs for You (Milestone)

      The Clash The Essential (two CDs) (Epic)

      Everly Brothers Classic Masters (The Right Stuff)

      Everything but the Girl Like the Deserts Miss the Rain (Rhino)

      The Firesign Theatre All Things Firesign (Artemis)

      Mickey Gilley 16 Biggest Hits (Epic)

      Earl Hines Once Upon a Time (Impulse! LP Reproductions)

      Billie Holiday The Collection Volumes 1-4 (packaged individually)
      (Columbia/Legacy Jazz)

      Ice Cube Lethal Injection and The Predator (Priority/Capitol)

      Etta James Classic Masters (Virgin)

      George Jones Hank, Bob & Me: The Songs of Hank Williams, Sr. & Bob Wills
      (Fuel 2000)

      Love The Best of (Rhino/Elektra)

      The Melvins 26 Songs (Ipecac)

      Charles Mingus Jazz Composers Workshop (Savoy Jazz)

      The Mooney Suzuki Electric Sweat (Columbia)

      Charlie Parker The Immortal and Newly Discovered Sides (Savoy Jazz)

      Pee Wee Russell Ask Me Now (Impulse! LP Reproductions)

      Sly & the Family Stone The Essential (two CDs) (Epic/Legacy)

      Small Faces Ogden's Nut Gone Flake (Fuel 2000)

      Uncle Tupelo Anodyne (Rhino)

      Doc Watson Rare Performances 1963-1981 and Rare Performances 1982-1993
      (Rounder)

      Lester Young The Master's Touch (Savoy Jazz)

      VA Alan Lomax Collection: Folk Songs of... Two Gentlemen of the Road
      (Rounder)

      DVD Audio Blue Öyster Cult A Long Day's Night (Silverline)

      DVD Audio Marshall Crenshaw King Biscuit Flower Hour Presents (Silverline)

      March 18

      Arab on Radar The Stolen Singles (Three. One. G)

      The Easybeats The Very Best of (Varèse Vintage)

      Fred Frith Guitar Solos and Step Across the Border (Fred)

      Alexis Korner?s Blues Incorporated Red Hot from Alex (Sanctuary/Castle)

      Willie Nelson The Essential (two CDs) (Columbia/Legacy)

      New York Dolls 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection (Mercury)

      John Renbourn Sir John a Lot (Sanctuary/Castle)

      Waitresses 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection (Polydor)

      The Windbreakers Time Machine (Greatest Hits) (Paisley Pop)

      Warren Zevon First Sessions (Varèse Vintage)

      OST Last of the Mississippi Jukes (DVD same day) (Sanctuary)

      DVD Johnny Cash The Man, His World, His Music (Sanctuary/Castle)

      March 25

      The Blues Brothers The Essentials (Rhino)

      Colin Blunstone & Argent Out of the Shadows (Koch)

      Ray Brown Jazz Cello (Verve LP Reproduction)

      Ray Brown Trio Live from New York to Tokyo: The Red Hot Ray Brown Trio/Bam
      Bam Bam (two CDs) (Concord Jazz)

      Dave Brubeck The Essential (two CDs) (Columbia/Legacy Jazz)

      Cream At the BBC (Polydor)

      Jim Hall Live! (A&M LP Reproduction)

      The Hampton Grease Band (early Glenn Phillips) The Hampton Grease Band
      (Gaff)

      Roscoe Holcomb An Untamed Sense of Control (Smithsonian Folkways)

      Junior Murvin Police and Thieves (Island)

      Moby Grape Legendary Grape (DIG)

      Public Enemy There's a Poison Goin' On (Koch)

      Sonic Youth Dirty - Deluxe Edition (two CDs w/bonus tracks) (Geffen)

      Toots & the Maytals Funky Kingston/In the Dark (two-fer) (Island)

      Randy Travis The Essentials (Rhino)

      Townes Van Zandt Hi, Low and In Between and The Late Great (Tomato)

      The Who Who's Next - Deluxe Edition (two CDs) (MCA)

      Feron Young Absolutely the Best (Fuel 2000)

      Warren Zevon Sentimental Hygiene, Transverse City and Wanted Dead or Alive
      (Virgin)

      The Zombies The Zombies (Varèse Vintage)

      DVD Marvin Gaye Legacy: Behind the Legend (packaged w/Live at Montreux CD)
      (Eagle Vision)

      SACD Lightnin' Hopkins Broken Hearted Blues (hybrid) (Audio Fidelity)

      SACD Brownie McGhee & Sonny Terry Sittin' In (hybrid)(Audio Fidelity)

      SACD Mike Stern, Ron Carter, George Coleman, Jimmy Cobb Four Generations of
      Miles (Chesky)

      SACD VA Man of the World - Reflections on Peter Green (Audio Fidelity)
    • mockthedj <mockthedj@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2003
        --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Carl Abraham Zimring <cz28@a...>
        wrote:
        > >From ICE.
        >

        > March 18
        > The Windbreakers Time Machine (Greatest Hits) (Paisley Pop)

        Anyone know any details about this label?
      • samchecker <mwyatt@columbus.rr.com>
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3, 2003
          --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, "mockthedj <mockthedj@h...>"
          <mockthedj@h...> wrote:
          > --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, Carl Abraham Zimring
          <cz28@a...>
          > wrote:
          > > >From ICE.
          > >

          > > March 18
          > > The Windbreakers Time Machine (Greatest Hits) (Paisley Pop)
          >

          > Anyone know any details about this label?

          You can go to http://www.paisleypop.com and find out what you need to
          know. I'm just happy that both Bobby and Tim are putting out music
          again and even playing together from time to time.

          Mark