new CDs this month

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 3, 2003
      >From ICE.

      Carl Z.

      ***

      http://www.icemagazine.com/dates/release192.shtm

      March 4

      Bob Brunning's Deluxe Blues Band Blues Amongst Friends (Blues Leaf)

      Cursive The Ugly Organ (Saddle Creek)

      Chris Cutler and Thomas Dimuzio Dust (ReR)

      Kristin Hersh The Grotto (4AD/Beggars Banquet)

      Eric Idle The Rutland Isles (iMUSIC)

      King Crimson The Power to Believe (Sanctuary)

      Lightning Bolt Wonderful Rainbow (Load)

      Songs: Ohia Magnolia Electric Co. (Secretly Canadian)

      Deniz Tek & the Golden Breed (ex-Radio Birdman) Glass Eye World (Career)

      Throwing Muses Throwing Muses (4AD/Beggars Banquet)

      March 11

      The Be Good Tanyas Chinatown (Nettwerk)

      Bettie Serveert Log 22 (Hidden Agenda/Parasol)

      Bobby Bland Blues at Midnight (Malaco)

      Bobby Blue Band Blues at Midnight (Malaco)

      Folk Implosion (Lou Barlow with members of Alaska!) The New Folk Implosion
      (iMUSIC)

      Gibson Brothers Rollin' Up a Back Road (Sugar Hill)

      Joe Jackson Volume 4 (Restless/Rykodisc)

      March 18

      Buzzcocks Buzzcocks (Merge)

      Califone Quicksand/Cradlesnakes (Thrill Jockey)

      DJ Spooky with Mad Professor Dubtometry (Optometry remixed w/video for
      title song) (Thirsty Ear)

      Kim Fox Return to Planet Earth (guests Roger Manning, Jon Brion and
      Wondermints' Probyn Gregory) (Franklin Castle/Oglio)

      Fred Frith Prints (Fred)

      Jim Hightower The People Are Revolting (In the Very Best Sense of That
      Word) (Alternative Tentacles)

      Damien Jurado Where Shall You Take Me? (Secretly Canadian)

      Libertines Up the Bracket (Sanctuary/Rough Trade)

      Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks Pig Lib (Matador)

      David Olney The Wheel (Loudhouse)

      (Smog) Supper (Drag City)

      Vandermark 5 Airports for Light (Atavistic)

      M. Ward Transfiguration of Vincent (Merge)

      DVD Joe Jackson 25th Anniversary Special (Image Entertainment)

      DVD The Rolling Stones For the Record (Passport Video)

      SACD Alison Krauss & Union Station Live (hybrid) (Rounder)

      March 25

      ...And You Will Know Us by Our Trail of Dead The Secret of Elena's Tomb
      (EP) (Interscope)

      Dave Brubeck Park Avenue South: Live at Starbucks (Telarc Jazz)

      Rosanne Cash Rules of Travel (guests Johnny Cash, Sheryl Crow, Steve Earle
      and Jakob Dylan) (Capitol)

      Vic Chestnutt Silver Lake (New West)

      The Derailers Genuine (Lucky Dog)

      Gang Starr The Ownerz (Virgin)

      The Iguanas Plastic Silver 9 Volt Heart (Yep Roc)

      Wanda Jackson The Wanda Jackson Show (DCN)

      Henry Kaiser & Glenn Phillips Guitar Party (Gaff)

      Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder Live from the Charleston Music Hall (Skaggs
      Family)

      Ringo Starr Ringo Rama (Koch)

      Supernatural The Lost Freestyle Files (guests members of Beat Junkies,
      Jurassic 5 and Dilated People) (Babygrande/Koch)

      VA Gotta Serve Somebody: A Gospel Tribute to Bob Dylan (Columbia/Legacy)

      VA Smoking Popes: Tribute (Double Zero)

      OST Head of State (new Chris Rock/Bernie Mac film) (DreamWorks)

      DVD Noam Chomsky Distorted Morality (Epitaph)
    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 3, 2003
        --On Monday, March 3, 2003 10:50 PM +0000 "Bill Silvers
        <wfsilvers@...>" <wfsilvers@...> wrote:

        > And thanks for doing that. I usedta do that on P2 back before Ice
        > started limiting theior listings to one month at a time (and leaving
        > country listings out entirely).

        What's weird about that is they continue to keep the country, jazz and
        blues in the reissues section but not (or at least not regularly) in the
        new-release section. I still like the listings for their diversity, though
        not their impact on my wallet.

        Carl Z.
        "bruddah can you hire a historian?"