Massive Music Weekend on WRCT

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 14, 2003
      Just a shameless WRCT plug to let everyone know that this weekend is WRCT's
      "Massive Music Weekend."

      Starting at 5:00 p.m. today (Friday) through end of day on Sunday WRCT DJ's
      will be featuring their favorite artists in 1/2 hour blocks. That's 110
      different artist showcases.

      You can listen to me at:
      Friday - 7:30 p.m. - Roxy Music
      Saturday - 12:00 a.m. - Volcano Suns
      Saturday - 6:30 a.m. - Game Theory
      Saturday - 9:30 a.m. - Stranglmartin
      Sunday - 12:30 a.m. - The Silos
      Sunday - 4:30 a.m. - Jets to Brazil

      You can find the complete schedule at: www.wrct.org
      You can listen online or, if you're cool enough to be in the Greater Pgh
      area, you can tune your radio to 88.3 fm.

      Paul

    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 14, 2003
        --On Friday, February 14, 2003 10:59 AM -0500 Mock the DJ
        <mockthedj@...> wrote:

        > Saturday - 6:30 a.m. - Game Theory

        That's awfully brainy music to subject people to early on a Saturday, Paul.
        <g> MMW is a fun listen -- a few years ago I managed to cram 12 Husker Du
        songs into half an hour.

        Carl Z.
      • Rob Jefferson
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 14, 2003
          On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Mock the DJ wrote:

          > Starting at 5:00 p.m. today (Friday) through end of day on Sunday WRCT DJ's
          > will be featuring their favorite artists in 1/2 hour blocks. That's 110
          > different artist showcases.
          >
          > You can listen to me at:
          > Friday - 7:30 p.m. - Roxy Music

          On a related note, I'll be on at 7pm, doing a Silkworm set.

          rob
        • Lance Davis
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 14, 2003
            > MMW is a fun listen -- a few years ago I managed to cram
            > 12 Husker Du songs into half an hour ... Carl Z.

            Oh, so you played Reoccurring Dreams and all of Land Speed
            Record? That sounds cool ;)

            LD

            =====
            A conservative is a man who is too cowardly to fight and too fat to run.
            --Elbert Hubbard

            A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel.
            --Robert Frost

            http://shopping.yahoo.com
          • Mock the DJ
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 14, 2003
              That's OK, a few years back I had to do a Galaxie 500 set at 6:30 a.m.
              What better way to KEEP your listeners sleeping. Right, Kathleen?

              And Carl, why is your name absent from this list?

              Paul

              >From: Carl Abraham Zimring <cz28@...>
              >To: fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [fearnwhiskey] Massive Music Weekend on WRCT
              >Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:01:52 -0500
              >

              >--On Friday, February 14, 2003 10:59 AM -0500 Mock the DJ
              ><mockthedj@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Saturday - 6:30 a.m. - Game Theory
              >
              >That's awfully brainy music to subject people to early on a Saturday, Paul.
              ><g> MMW is a fun listen -- a few years ago I managed to cram 12 Husker Du
              >songs into half an hour.
              >
              >Carl Z.

            • Kathleen Loebig
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 14, 2003
                What? Perfect music to wake up to at 6:30 am with a hangover.

                You know, Paul, Maybe I'll just tell everyone that your aim at the station will be wrct883 and tell everyone to send you annoying aim's through the whole show.

                Oop! I just did:)

                Kathleen
                <BR><BR>----- Original Message -----<BR>From: "Mock the DJ" <mockthedj@...><BR>Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:27:02 -0500<BR>To: fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com<BR>Subject: [fearnwhiskey] Re: Massive Music Weekend on WRCT<BR><BR><html><body>

                <tt>
                That's OK, a few years back I had to do a Galaxie 500 set at 6:30 a.m.<BR>
                What better way to KEEP your listeners sleeping.  Right, Kathleen?<BR>
                <BR>
                And Carl, why is your name absent from this list?<BR>
                <BR>
                Paul<BR>
                <BR>
                <BR>
                >From: Carl Abraham Zimring <cz28@...><BR>
                >To: fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com<BR>
                >Subject: Re: [fearnwhiskey] Massive Music Weekend on WRCT<BR>
                >Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:01:52 -0500<BR>
                ><BR>
                ><BR>
                ><BR>
                >--On Friday, February 14, 2003 10:59 AM -0500 Mock the DJ<BR>
                ><mockthedj@...> wrote:<BR>
                ><BR>
                > > Saturday - 6:30 a.m. - Game Theory<BR>
                ><BR>
                >That's awfully brainy music to subject people to early on a Saturday, Paul.<BR>
                ><g> MMW is a fun listen -- a few years ago I managed to cram 12 Husker Du<BR>
                >songs into half an hour.<BR>
                ><BR>
                >Carl Z.<BR>
                <BR>
                <BR>
                _________________________________________________________________<BR>
                Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.  <BR>
                <BR>
                </tt>

                <tt>
                To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<BR>
                fearnwhiskey-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<BR>
                <BR>
                </tt>

                <PRE>~~there were others there that night, who would have said, if asked, that opera was a collection of nosensical cat screechings, that they would much rather pass three hours in a dentist's chair. These were the ones who wept openly now, the ones who had been so mistaken.~~</PRE>

                http://www.operamail.com
                Now with OperaMail Premium for only US$29.99/yr

                Powered by Outblaze
              • Carl Abraham Zimring
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 14, 2003
                  --On Friday, February 14, 2003 8:22 AM -0800 Lance Davis
                  <lwdavis1@...> wrote:

                  > Oh, so you played Reoccurring Dreams and all of Land Speed
                  > Record? That sounds cool ;)

                  _Land Speed Record_ figured prominently (there's a shock), but no
                  "Reoccurring Dreams." Grant Hart is handy for short songs, even "Actual
                  Condition" off of _Warehouse_ clocks in at under two minutes.

                  Carl Z.
                • Carl Abraham Zimring
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 14, 2003
                    --On Friday, February 14, 2003 11:27 AM -0500 Mock the DJ
                    <mockthedj@...> wrote:

                    > And Carl, why is your name absent from this list?

                    Because I need some sleep this weekend. ('Tis a very busy month.) But I
                    shall have the radio on as I toil away writing a (non-music) article.

                    Carl Z.
                  • Mock the DJ
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 15, 2008
                      It's Massive Music Weekend at WRCT this weekend!

                      What does that mean?

                      WRCT will suspend it's regular programming from 12 noon today to Midnight Sunday to let the DJ's feature some of their favorite bands in 1/2 hour blocks over those 60 hours.

                      Check out the complete schedule at: www.wrct.org

                      A few that caught my eye include: Badfinger, Black Flag, Husker Du, Pavement, Thin Lizzy, Sonic Youth, GBV, Billie Holliday, Nico, Leonard Cohen, Stereo Total and I'm intrigued to check out the Martin Mull, and Leonard Nimoy blocks!

                      This year I will feature:
                      The Silos (Friday @ 9p)
                      Squirtgun (Friday @ 11:00p)
                      Kraftwerk (Saturady @ 12:30a)

                      I hope you get a chance to check it out!

                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 15, 2008
                        I hope the DJ in charge of the Hüsker Dü set plays plenty of songs off
                        of Land Speed Record. One year I managed to cram 16 Hüsker Dü songs
                        into a 30-minute MMW set and still had time to read public service
                        announcements.

                        Carl