Steve Wynn

  • Steve Gardner
    Message 1 of 39 , Feb 3, 2003
      Steve Wynn has a new album out. Now, I haven't heard a Steve Wynn album in probably ten years, but someone just told me about a good song from an upcoming album of his. The song is "Amphetamine". I wondered if it was the Peter Laughner song, so I went to give it a listen (free MP3 on his website.) It isn't the Laughner song, but it is really great. Maybe the best song I've heard from Steve since the Dream Syndicate days, though as I've said, I've heard very little of his solo stuff. Now I'm really looking forward to his album.

      Go here: http://www.stevewynn.net/ and then click on the music link. I bet Carl Z would like it. It reminds me of a mix of Spacemen 3 and the Feelies...if you can imagine that.

      steve

    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 20, 2003
        --On Thursday, June 19, 2003 7:26 PM +0000 Stevo <Stuggy@...> wrote:

        > I've heard about this.
        > is it any good then?

        It's fun, a pretty faithful rendering of some of the acts that would play
        the Fillmore around 1970, although not quite as loud or bombastic in
        production as a few of them.

        > some kind of pun on Mushroom liking Floyd?
        > +Floyd likes Mushroom
        > .....so lets do some Soul covers?

        Maybe, I don't know. Floyd sings the hell out of the repetoire; I could
        listen to him sing classic rock all day. Nothing on the disc is quite as
        fabulous as Sister Double Happiness's cover of Roky Erikson's "Two Headed
        Dog" but expect a few cuts to make my playlist over the next month.