Re: [fearnwhiskey] Record Producer Phil Spector Arrested for Murder

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3 1:18 PM
      Not a healthy man. As I said elsewhere, it's sad, and a bit surprising
      that nothing tragic had happened earlier.

      Carl Z.

      --On Monday, February 3, 2003 4:10 PM -0500 Steve Gardner
      <steve@...> wrote:

      > That last paragraph is quite the zinger, too.
    • Mock the DJ
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3 1:30 PM
        Gee...the quote that caught my attention was:

        "It had to stop," Spector said of his behavior in a 1977 Los Angeles Times
        interview. "Being the rich millionaire in the mansion and then dressing up
        as Batman. I have to admit I did enjoy it to a certain extent. But I began
        to realize it was very unhealthy."

        >From: "Steve Gardner" <steve@...>
        >To: <fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [fearnwhiskey] Record Producer Phil Spector Arrested for
        >Murder
        >Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 16:10:59 -0500
        >
        >That last paragraph is quite the zinger, too.

      • Lance Davis
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3 1:43 PM
          --- Mock the DJ <mockthedj@...> wrote:
          > Gee...the quote that caught my attention was:
          >
          > "It had to stop," Spector said of his behavior
          > in a 1977 Los Angeles Times interview. "Being
          > the rich millionaire in the mansion and then
          > dressing up as Batman. I have to admit I did
          > enjoy it to a certain extent. But I began to
          > realize it was very unhealthy."

          Yeah, dressing as the Riddler would've been fine. Frank Gorshin
          kicked ass. Perhaps even dressing as Eli Wallach's Mr. Freeze
          would've been cool and obscure. But dressing up as Batman?
          That's just plain gay.

          LD

          =====
          A conservative is a man who is too cowardly to fight and too fat to run.
          --Elbert Hubbard

          A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel.
          --Robert Frost

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • Kelly Kessler
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3 1:57 PM
            > That last paragraph is quite the zinger, too.

            I'm with you Steve. Kinda makes your skin feel crawly and your stomach feel
            queasy.

          • Barry Mazor <brmaz@earthlink.net>
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3 2:53 PM
              -> > That last paragraph is quite the zinger, too.

              Well yeaha, but it's old news, in th that the epitaph story's been told all
              the way back to its era...

              His Crystal's record "He Hit Me, and It Felt Like a Kiss"--now THAT's creepy!

              Barry