Re: [fearnwhiskey] Record Producer Phil Spector Arrested for Murder

  • jeffj@blast.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2003
      And check out the subheader on the NBC version. Heh.

      http://www.nbc4.tv/entertainment/1953208/detail.html

      Jeff J

      > I walk by the TV a second ago, only to learn that Phil Spector has been
      > arrested or detained Paul
      > Monday, February 03, 2003
      > FOXNews

      This mail sent through IMP: email.blast.net
    • Steve Gardner
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2003
        That last paragraph is quite the zinger, too.
        And check out the subheader on the NBC version. Heh.

        http://www.nbc4.tv/entertainment/1953208/detail.html

        Jeff J

        > I walk by the TV a second ago, only to learn that Phil Spector has been
        > arrested or detained Paul
        > Monday, February 03, 2003
        > FOXNews

      • Carl Abraham Zimring
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2003
          Not a healthy man. As I said elsewhere, it's sad, and a bit surprising
          that nothing tragic had happened earlier.

          Carl Z.

          --On Monday, February 3, 2003 4:10 PM -0500 Steve Gardner
          <steve@...> wrote:

          > That last paragraph is quite the zinger, too.
        • Mock the DJ
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 3, 2003
            Gee...the quote that caught my attention was:

            "It had to stop," Spector said of his behavior in a 1977 Los Angeles Times
            interview. "Being the rich millionaire in the mansion and then dressing up
            as Batman. I have to admit I did enjoy it to a certain extent. But I began
            to realize it was very unhealthy."

            >From: "Steve Gardner" <steve@...>
            >To: <fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [fearnwhiskey] Record Producer Phil Spector Arrested for
            >Murder
            >Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 16:10:59 -0500
            >
            >That last paragraph is quite the zinger, too.

          • Lance Davis
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 3, 2003
              --- Mock the DJ <mockthedj@...> wrote:
              > Gee...the quote that caught my attention was:
              >
              > "It had to stop," Spector said of his behavior
              > in a 1977 Los Angeles Times interview. "Being
              > the rich millionaire in the mansion and then
              > dressing up as Batman. I have to admit I did
              > enjoy it to a certain extent. But I began to
              > realize it was very unhealthy."

              Yeah, dressing as the Riddler would've been fine. Frank Gorshin
              kicked ass. Perhaps even dressing as Eli Wallach's Mr. Freeze
              would've been cool and obscure. But dressing up as Batman?
              That's just plain gay.

              LD

              =====
              A conservative is a man who is too cowardly to fight and too fat to run.
              --Elbert Hubbard

              A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel.
              --Robert Frost

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            • Kelly Kessler
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 3, 2003
                > That last paragraph is quite the zinger, too.

                I'm with you Steve. Kinda makes your skin feel crawly and your stomach feel
                queasy.

              • Barry Mazor <brmaz@earthlink.net>
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 3, 2003
                  -> > That last paragraph is quite the zinger, too.

                  Well yeaha, but it's old news, in th that the epitaph story's been told all
                  the way back to its era...

                  His Crystal's record "He Hit Me, and It Felt Like a Kiss"--now THAT's creepy!

                  Barry