Fresh Dirt Issue #15 Now Online

  • Steve Gardner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2003
      Hello everyone,

      I'm happy to let you know that Issue #15 of Fresh Dirt is now up on the
      website. It is easily our biggest issue ever, and it all starts with a Top
      100 list that should provide a lot of grist for the mill.

      See below for the full table of contents.

      If you'd like to get on our mailing list, to hear when we release a new
      issue (once every few months), then send a blank email to
      freshdirt-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. Sorry if you are already on this list
      and are getting this message again.

      Tell a friend, and keep dishing that dirt.

      Steve Gardner
      Editor, Fresh Dirt
      www.topsoil.net
      steve@...

      FRESH DIRT, ISSUE #15
      www.topsoil.net/freshdirt

      I. Letter From the Editor by Steve Gardner

      II. Main Feature - Top 100 Albums of the 80s by KCPR DJs

      III. Features
      1. Testify! Flying Burrito Brothers by Carter Monroe
      2. Louisiana Medicine Man: An Interview with Coco Robicheaux
      by Reid Mitchell
      3. Mary Lee's Corvette by William Michael Smith
      4. Steve March's Blue Moon Diner by Carter Monroe
      5. Interview: Nan Warshaw, Bloodshot Records Co-Founder
      6. Max Stalling by William Michael Smith
      7. Top Ten Terrific Modern Country Soul Songs by Rick Cornell
      8. My Beers with…a Springsteen Junkie by Rick Cornell
      9. Best Albums of 2002 from Fresh Dirt Staff

      IV. Joe Strummer Tribute
      1. Joe Strummer (1952-2002) by Steve Gardner, NKVD Records
      2. I Wanna Riot, A Riot of My Own by Jason Leopold
      3. Joe Strummer (1952-2002) by Rick Cornell

      V. Americana News by Lindsay Reid

      VI. Reviews - James McMurtry, Black Dice, the Blasters, Peter
      Bruntnell, Camper Van Beethoven, Johnny Cash, Elvis Costello,
      Richard Ferreira, Rex Hobart and the Misery Boys, Ladytron,
      Malaria!, Tim Midgett, Heather Myles, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band,
      The Numbers, Old and in the Gray, Out Hud, Grant-Lee Phillips,
      Powerthud, Sadies, Smog, Todd Steed and the Suns of Phere,
      Greg Trooper, Unknown Hinson, VHS or Beta, Chris Wall,
      Songs from the Heart of America, Classic Mountain Songs,
      Dressed in Black: A Tribute To Johnny Cash, Kindred Spirits:
      A Tribute to the Songs of Johnny Cash

      VII. Keeping it Reel - Leave Them Boys Alone: Alexander Payne's
      conspicuously condescending About Schmidt by Stephen Brower
      --
      Steve Gardner - Topsoil/Haywire - Sun. 12-3pm
      WXDU 88.7FM Durham NC and on the Net at www.wxdu.org
      Fresh Dirt Webzine: www.topsoil.net/freshdirt
      * steve@... **** www.topsoil.net *