Re: Sunny Border Blue/Jesse Sykes

  • czimring
    Message 1 of 26 , May 21, 2002
      --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., Laura A Watt <lawatt@n...> wrote:
      > Lisa wrote:
      >
      > >Wow. That is so cool! Because I am the queen of lame, I missed the
      > >Throwing Muses until they were long broken up. I've had that song
      > >about green eyes (name?) in my head for days-- "there's one boy in
      > >one house..". What record was that song on and why don't I have it
      > >so I can play it now?
      >
      > It's called, aptly, "green eyes" and it's on their debut album
      > called, aptly, "Throwing Muses." 1987. Which is when i first heard
      > it, couldn't stop playing it, and have been the Muses'/KH's biggest
      > fan ever since.

      And if you can't track down that album, it was reissued with a bunch
      of early material on _In a Doghouse_ a few years ago.

      [poll]
      > I was somewhat mystified by some of the results -- agreed with three
      > in the top five (pearl, shimmer and bea), but then I fell off
      > completely -- only one more (delicate cutters) in the top ten, and no
      > others in the next ten.

      I dig "Hate My Way", but am *shocked* that "Call Me" didn't even make
      the cut! (Both of those songs are on _Throwing Muses_ and are among
      my favorite songs of the 1980s.)

      Carl Z.*

      *By way of a welcome to Carl Wilson on this list (our first
      Canadian!), I shall now add an initial to differentiate our posts.