Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: my faves of 2002

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 36 , Jan 7 6:38 AM
      --On Tuesday, January 7, 2003 2:17 PM +0000 "samchecker
      <oneriot@...>" <oneriot@...> wrote:

      > Oh, I know, Carl...it's just strikes me that this year is worse than
      > most, as far critics chasing each others' tails. Either there were
      > only ten good CD's released in 2002 or there are some mighty lazy
      > writers out there.

      Which would explain the preponderance of the Vines? I didn't hear much
      great hip-hop last year, so on that score, there just may not have been a
      lot of impressive discs released. I'm a little surprised that the
      Roots-related project _Red, Hot + Riot_ hasn't received more end-of-year
      praise, as it's a fine marriage of Fela's Afro-funk and the current
      new-soul sounds of D'Angelo, Macy Gray, Common and the other Okay Player
      acts who've dominated my wife's CD collection over the past few years.
      That ?uestlove is a great producer in the sense that he can really put
      groups of disparate talents together and come up with something organic.

      Carl Z.
    • Linda Maxwell
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 15, 2004