RT news

  • Dave Purcell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
      New record, "The Old Kit Bag," due out in Europe in Feb, US in April.
      Rumors of full band tour to follow.

      <<<
      RT's new studio recording, The Old Kit Bag, will be released:
      In the UK & Europe by Cooking Vinyl on Feb 3 2003.
      In Japan by P-Vine Records during February 2003.
      In the USA early April 2003.

      RT vocals, guitars, accordion, dulcimer, mandolin and harmonium.
      Danny Thompson Upright bass.
      Michael Jerome Drums, percussion,background vocals.
      Judith Owen Background vocals.

      Produced by John Chelew.

      Track Listing:

      Gethsemane
      Jealous Words
      I'll Tag Along
      A Love You Can't Survive
      One Door Opens
      First Breath
      Destiny
      Got No Right
      Pearly Jim
      Sight Unseen
      Outside Of The Inside
      Happy Days And Auld Lang Syne

      Touring to promote this new release will begin early 2003. Check back
      for details as and when they are confirmed.

      http://www.richardthompson-music.com/catch_of_the_day.asp?id=69

      dp
    • czimring <cz28@andrew.cmu.edu>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
        --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Purcell" <dave@p...> wrote:
        > New record, "The Old Kit Bag," due out in Europe in Feb, US in
        April.
        > Rumors of full band tour to follow.

        I think I'll jump the gun and get the import. Thanks for posting
        this most excellent news, Dave.

        > Judith Owen Background vocals.

        If this is who I think it is, she also was a backup singer for Spinal
        Tap, a gig she got because she was (and is) married to the bass
        player.

        > Produced by John Chelew.

        Didn't Chelew also do John Hiatt's _Bring the Family_? If so, I'm
        very excited about the prospect of a bare-bones no-Froom Richard
        Thompson album. (I like a lot of Froom's material, but Thompson is
        best enjoyed like unvarnished fine furniture.)

        Carl Z.
      • Jim Caligiuri
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
          John Chelew from allmusic.com

          Martin Carthy Carthy Chronicles (2001) Producer Martin Carthy Carthy: Contemporaries (2001) Producer The Five Blind Boys of... Spirit of the Century (2001) Arranger, Producer Blind Boys of Alabama Higher Ground (2002) Producer John Hiatt Bring the Family (1987) Producer John Hiatt Greatest Hits: The A&M Years '87... (1998) Producer John Hiatt Best of John Hiatt [Capitol] (1998) Producer John Hiatt Greatest Hits and More (2001) Producer John Hiatt Anthology (2001) Producer Bert Jansch Heartbreak (1982) Producer Los Lobos Cancionero: Mas y Mas (2000) Producer John Renbourn Group Live in America (1981) Assistant Producer Saccharine Trust World Broken (1985) Producer Norma Waterson Norma Waterson (1996) Producer Original Soundtrack True Lies (1994) Producer Various Artists Beat the Retreat: Songs by Richard (1994) Producer Various Artists Sweet Relief II (1996) Assistant Engineer Various Artists Beyond Nashville: The Twisted... (2001) Producer Various Artists Great Men of Gospel, Vol. 2 (2002) Arranger, Producer Various Artists Bonnaroo: Live from Bonnaroo Music (2002) Arranger

        • czimring <cz28@andrew.cmu.edu>
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 3, 2003
            This news is bad for my bank account.

            Carl Z.
            who will likely be purchasing that recent Carthy disc soon.

            --- In fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Caligiuri" <jcalig@s...>