RE: [fearnwhiskey] new CDs this month

  • Lance Davis
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 2, 2003
      Sure do. It's a decent comp with lots of Austin/central TX bands
      on it: Grand Champeen, Damnations, Lil Capn Crunchass, Kevin
      Russell from some crappy band called the Gourds, Fastball,
      Deathray "We were better when we were called Blondie" Davies,
      etc. My fave cut, though, is Hem's version of Angels Wanna Wear
      My Red Shoes. I have no idea who Hem is, but the chick singer's
      got a sexy, smoky voice and the band does this song justice by
      taking it to a different place than I expected ... the boudoir.
      Like most comps, it's got some highs and some lows, and is by no
      means essential, but you'll probably find enough in here to
      justify a purchase.

      LD

      --- "Wilson, Carl" <cwilson@...> wrote:
      > Anybody know anything about this?
      >> VA Almost You: The Songs of Elvis Costello (Glurp/Bar/None)

      =====
      "Now there are seven kinds of Coke
      500 kinds of cigarettes
      This freedom of choice in the USA
      Drives everybody crazy."
      --X

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 3 2:54 PM
        --On Monday, March 3, 2003 10:50 PM +0000 "Bill Silvers
        <wfsilvers@...>" <wfsilvers@...> wrote:

        > And thanks for doing that. I usedta do that on P2 back before Ice
        > started limiting theior listings to one month at a time (and leaving
        > country listings out entirely).

        What's weird about that is they continue to keep the country, jazz and
        blues in the reissues section but not (or at least not regularly) in the
        new-release section. I still like the listings for their diversity, though
        not their impact on my wallet.

        Carl Z.
        "bruddah can you hire a historian?"