Stax museum? (and going to Chicago)

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2003
      First I've heard of it. Is Jim Stewart or someone from the label
      organizing the museum?

      I'm headed to Chicago until Sunday and will probably be offline most if not
      all of the time until then; I'll take care of any list management issues
      when I return.

      Carl Z.

      ***

      http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/20021231stax1231fnp5.asp

      Club offers trip to Stax soul museum opening

      Tuesday, December 31, 2002

      By Monica Haynes, Post-Gazette Staff Writer

      Stax Records was the power behind the sound of such musical greats as Isaac
      Hayes, Booker T & the MGs, Rufus and Carla Thomas, The Staple Singers, Sam
      & Dave and Otis Redding.

      For those who have a love affair with R&B music and even those who've kept
      the relationship strictly platonic, Pittsburgh's S.O.U.L. Club is
      sponsoring a trip to the grand opening of the Stax Museum of American Soul
      Music in Memphis, Tenn., April 30-May 4.

      This musical trek includes round-trip bus transportation, a reception at
      the B.B. King's Blues Club & Restaurant, a tour of the Stax Museum, the
      National Civil Rights Museum, Elvis Presley's Graceland, Alex Haley's
      birth-place, W.C. Handy Blues Museum, National Corvette Museum in Kentucky
      and three nights' hotel accommodations.

      Early-bird discount cost is $325, due by Feb. 28. After that date, cost is
      $375, due by April 18. Deposits of $100 are due by Monday.

      For more information and to make reservations, contact Don Patterson Jr.,
      412-377-4681, or Estrella Brooks, 412-361-5614.