RE: [fearnwhiskey] Re: Kent Kessler/Joseph Jarman (was new CDs this month)

  • Dave Purcell
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 1, 2003
      Carl Abraham Zimring [mailto:cz28@...] wrote:

      <<Of course, as a label honcho, at least one of those discs could be
      seen as "hers". That Melungeon already boasts a pretty diverse catalog
      after, what, 3 releases?>>

      I've been trying to get on Melungeon for years, but geez, their people
      won't even take my people's calls...

      With smilies, of course,
      dp
    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 3 2:54 PM
        --On Monday, March 3, 2003 10:50 PM +0000 "Bill Silvers
        <wfsilvers@...>" <wfsilvers@...> wrote:

        > And thanks for doing that. I usedta do that on P2 back before Ice
        > started limiting theior listings to one month at a time (and leaving
        > country listings out entirely).

        What's weird about that is they continue to keep the country, jazz and
        blues in the reissues section but not (or at least not regularly) in the
        new-release section. I still like the listings for their diversity, though
        not their impact on my wallet.

        Carl Z.
        "bruddah can you hire a historian?"