new CDs this month

  • Carl Abraham Zimring
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 1, 2003
      New year, new month, new batch of CDs spat out by labels large and small.
      From ICE.

      Carl Z.

      ***

      http://www.icemagazine.com/dates/release190.shtm

      January 7

      The JTG Implosion All the People Some of the Time (Not Lame)

      Brad Shepik Trio Drip (Knitting Factory Works)

      Jacky Terrasson Smile (Blue Note)

      January 14

      The Belles Omerta (The Get Up Kids guest) (Lakeshore)

      The Chitlin' Fooks Did It Again (Hidden Agenda/Parasol)

      Terri Clark Pain to Kill (Mercury Nashville)

      Mike Clark with Chris Potter Summertime (JazzKey)

      Kathleen Edwards Failer (Zoë/Rounder)

      Scenic The Acid Gospel Experience (IPR/Hidden Agenda/Parasol)
      [I have heard that this disc has been moved to February 4.]

      Paul Weller Illumination (Yep Roc)

      VA Parasol's Sweet Sixteen, Vol. 6 (w/Bettie Serveert, Club 8 and others)
      (Parasol)

      VA We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to the Ramones (w/Eddie Vedder, Green
      Day and others) (DV8/Columbia)

      OST 25th Hour (score by Terence Blanchard) (Hollywood)

      January 21

      Bobby Bland Blues at Midnight (Malaco)

      Coronet Blue Coronet Blue (produced by Mitch Easter) (Laughing Outlaw)

      Crooked Fingers Red Devil Dawn (Merge)

      The Delgados Hate (Mantra)

      d. Henry Fenton Autumn Sweet (produced by Mitch Easter) (Laughing Outlaw)

      Future Bible Heroes The Lonely Robot (EP) (Instinct)

      Jeff Hanson Son (Kill Rock Stars)

      Holopaw (Ugly Casanova's John Orth) Holopaw (produced by Red Red Meat's
      Brian Deck) (Sub Pop)

      The (International) Noise Conspiracy Bigger Cages, Longer Chains and Up for
      Sale (EPs) (Sympathy for the Record Industry)

      King Missile III The Psychopathology of Everyday Life (Instinct)

      Mary Lorson & Billy Coté (ex-Madder Rose) Piano Creeps (The First Time)

      Microphones Mount Eerie (K)

      Mission U.K. Even After... Live (Sanctuary/Castle)

      Municipal Waste Waste Em All (Six Weeks)

      Sport Murphy Uncle (Kill Rock Stars)

      Negative Approach Tied Down (Touch and Go)

      Scout Niblett Conjure Series (EP) (Secretly Canadian)

      William Parker, Joe Morris and Hamid Drake Eloping with the Sun (Aum
      Fidelity)

      Rainer Maria Long Knives Drawn (Polyvinyl)

      Sea and Cake One Bedroom (Thrill Jockey)

      Matthew Shipp Equilibrium (Thirsty Ear)

      VA Almost You: The Songs of Elvis Costello (Glurp/Bar/None)

      January 28

      Brokeback Looks at the Bird (Thrill Jockey)

      Ry Cooder & Manuel Gálban Mambo Sinuendo (Nonesuch/Perro Verde)

      Chris Cutler Solo (ReR)

      Tim Lee (ex-Windbreakers) Under the House (Paisley Pop)

      Loose Fur Loose Fur (Drag City)

      Jesse Malin The Fine Art of Self-Destruction (Artemis)

      Mighty Sam McClain One More Bridge to Cross (Telarc)

      The Monkees Live Summer Tour (recorded August 2001) (King Biscuit)

      David Murray Latin Big Band Now Is Another Time (Justin Time)

      Aaron Neville Believe (EMI Gospel)

      Lou Reed The Raven (Sire/Reprise)

      Summer at Shatter Creek Summer at Shatter Creek (Absolutely Kosher)
    • Carl Abraham Zimring
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 3, 2003
        --On Monday, March 3, 2003 10:50 PM +0000 "Bill Silvers
        <wfsilvers@...>" <wfsilvers@...> wrote:

        > And thanks for doing that. I usedta do that on P2 back before Ice
        > started limiting theior listings to one month at a time (and leaving
        > country listings out entirely).

        What's weird about that is they continue to keep the country, jazz and
        blues in the reissues section but not (or at least not regularly) in the
        new-release section. I still like the listings for their diversity, though
        not their impact on my wallet.

        Carl Z.
        "bruddah can you hire a historian?"