Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: EC

  • Shayne Jordan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2 6:55 AM
      Are you kidding me?! There's a little record store in town called low yo yo
      stuff. the guy who owns it is a EC whore. He's got an Oliver's Army promo
      military issue parka and a box of Cadbury's chocolate for Blood and
      Chocolate. He's got so many weird bootlegs and imports etc, They actually
      keep a box with my name on it under the counter, so I can't get out of there
      without dropping a huge load of cash. The worst part is I can go in and say
      "Gee thanks guys for holding onto these for me but I'd really just like to
      buy this *insert CD or artist*, I really don't need anymore Elvis stuff
      right now. Then I get an "ok ok, but just listen to this version of "tonight
      the Bottle Let Me Down" from Memphis in 92". And of course it's always the
      *BEST* version of whatever song he happens to play. And the bastard always
      can tell just what song will get me everytime I walk in there. I hate those
      guys. I really do.
      That demo CD was recorded in 1975. I'll make you a copy if you want it. It's
      not like he's getting any money for it...
      shayne
      professional music whore
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2 7:43 AM
        --- In fearnwhiskey@y..., "Shayne Jordan" <asjordan@b...> wrote:
        > Are you kidding me?! There's a little record store in town called
        low yo yo
        > stuff. the guy who owns it is a EC whore. He's got an Oliver's Army
        promo
        > military issue parka and a box of Cadbury's chocolate for Blood and
        > Chocolate.

        The last time I saw one of those, Reagan was president. I hesitate to
        ask how much he's asking for it.

        > He's got so many weird bootlegs and imports etc, They actually
        > keep a box with my name on it under the counter, so I can't get out
        of there
        > without dropping a huge load of cash. The worst part is I can go in
        and say
        > "Gee thanks guys for holding onto these for me but I'd really just
        like to
        > buy this *insert CD or artist*, I really don't need anymore Elvis stuff
        > right now. Then I get an "ok ok, but just listen to this version of
        "tonight
        > the Bottle Let Me Down" from Memphis in 92". And of course it's
        always the
        > *BEST* version of whatever song he happens to play. And the bastard
        always
        > can tell just what song will get me everytime I walk in there. I
        hate those
        > guys. I really do.

        Dangerous. The kind of place I cannot afford to go into right now,
        for money and space reasons.

        > That demo CD was recorded in 1975. I'll make you a copy if you want
        it. It's
        > not like he's getting any money for it...

        You got yerself a deal, ma'am. I'm at 6805 Penn Ave. #4, Pittsburgh,
        PA 15208. It's the building with the anticipatory drool around the
        mailbox.

        > shayne
        > professional music whore

        It's good to get paid for it...

        Carl
        still waiting for the Possibilities disc to show up in Pittsburgh
        stores and/or the station

        Carl